Tips on hanging water bowls

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hermelin

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I just want to see if you have any good tips on hanging water bowls. Embla still keep on standing in her water bowl and getting wet paws, she give zero care of stepping or sitting on her own bowl. But myself need to change the water, I don’t exactly want her to drink dirty water.

She literaly leave wet paw marks when she jump around, totally a silly girl. But myself only have small bowls I can hang up for her. I don’t want to use a bottle, I just find them annoying to clean 😩

C3E47D73-8031-4619-9E30-2C7EFB7CA389.jpeg

I’ll just accept she give no care about the water bowl. I saw her sitting in the water bowl today with no care. Of all the places she have, she choice to place her bum in the water bowl. At least she make sure her back paws and front paws is extra clean 🤣

I’ll just accept I will be changing her bowl of water many times until I manage to find a better bowl that fit her.

Somehow I missed this... thought I had responded. I'd consider a bowl that twists on to a clamp. It can be placed just to the right of the bed in photo on the horizontal bars. She can access it from the bed. You can see in this photo how my rabbit would place his paws on the edge of the bowl. This is what I picture yours doing if the bowl is clamped to the right.

I searched for the photo to attach but couldn't find it... :(

Here is a pic of the type of bowl though...

Attachments

• water bowl.png
    water bowl.png
    224.8 KB · Views: 1
Beautiful belgian hare

When I have some that like to make messes with their water dishes, I get hanging water dishes that attach to the side of their cage. These are my two favorite designs (there are different brands but all have the same general name, I liked kw cages page for each as that's my favorite supply company):

Smart Crock
Pros: Really simple locking mechanism. Easy to clean. No screws to lose and get rusty. Doesn't have issues sliding to the side when it's not entirely tight either. Durable and tough, never had one break. Cons: a bit more expensive, and not as space efficient as some other hanging dish designs
https://www.kwcages.com/accessories/crocks/smart-crock.html
EZ Crock
Pros: Really simple locking mechanism. Easy to clean. No screws to lose and get rusty. Doesn't have issues sliding to the side when it's not entirely tight either. Cheap, and space efficient (especially good for transport cages or if you have less room) Cons: I've had rabbits eat through the plastic, and if the spacing on the cage bars isn't standard the clips don't always like to fit. If you have a choice, get the colorless ABS plastic over the more colorful options; it's a harder plastic for the rabbits to chew through.
https://www.kwcages.com/e-z-crock.html

Thanks for the tips and I will fix a hanging bowl for her. I get a bit annoyed having wet paw prints in my bedroom. Specially when she steps on papers up on the desk 🤣

A few pictures of my silly girl 😊

Attachments

• A1A6AE7F-3E05-49FF-8BF2-4A51DEEA8522.jpeg
    A1A6AE7F-3E05-49FF-8BF2-4A51DEEA8522.jpeg
    109.5 KB · Views: 6
  • 892135C3-FB4C-43AF-855A-0537CA0CFD1A.jpeg
    892135C3-FB4C-43AF-855A-0537CA0CFD1A.jpeg
    190.9 KB · Views: 6
I know water bowls are the recommended way but my previous rabbit preferred the bottles when I had both out. 🤷‍♀️ Maybe an option for you.

I know water bowls are the recommended way but my previous rabbit preferred the bottles when I had both out. 🤷‍♀️ Maybe an option for you.

I don’t use bottles to my bunnies and I find it annoying to clean them. I think bowls is easier to clean and Embla drinks a lot of water in one go which wouldn’t work with a bottle. So I want her to have the chance to drink easily 😂

I just think she’s a bit broken because she can sit in the bowl 🤣😂 I’m not that sure I got a bunny 😊

I’ve ordered a hanging bowl, so I’ll wait and see how it goes when it comes.

Latest posts

Back