Timothy hay dust

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheBuns

Reaction score
Does anyone know a good brand of Timothy hay that isn’t as dusty? My hay is almost always dusty it gives me headaches and I sneeze a lot my rabbits also sneeze too. I don’t want to change there Timothy hay to another type.

Small pet select hay should be good. If the hay is dusty you can put it in a Rubbermaid container and shake it out. Then remove the top hay and leave the dusty hay on the bottom.

Get your hay from a feed store. It will usually be considerably fresher than bagged hay that has sat in a warehouse for who knows how long before being shipped to a pet store and stored on their shelves for who knows how long.

There are many other grass hays beside timothy. Why hesitate to switch? Bermuda grass, brome grass, meadow grass, orchard grass are all grass hays that are just as good as timothy. Many rabbits even like to have a variety of grass hays.

Get your hay from a feed store. It will usually be considerably fresher than bagged hay that has sat in a warehouse for who knows how long before being shipped to a pet store and stored on their shelves for who knows how long.

There are many other grass hays beside timothy. Why hesitate to switch? Bermuda grass, brome grass, meadow grass, orchard grass are all grass hays that are just as good as timothy. Many rabbits even like to have a variety of grass hays.
@Blue eyes That is true I might try switching to another. One of my family members is allergic to Timothy first it was only scratching itchy throat then over time it went to swollen eyes and hives. Probably best I switch over then. Will they be missing out on any nutrition If I change?

Latest posts

Back