Ticks 😱

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lola&Lionel

Reaction score
Has anyone used tick repellent? I haven’t found any on rabbits yet but lots on my son, I found one with a white spot on its back crawling on my couch pillow last night, I have two lion heads, and I’m wondering if there is anything to protect them, we have recently moved to an apartment complex that has lots of woods in the back. I make my son take his clothes off and shoes on the balcony as soon as he come in. I am now going to make sure his lacrosse gear and back pack go out there as well as soon as he comes home. I just want to protect my bun buns, they are free roam, so thankfully I saw tick, and bun wasn’t on the couch at the time

Attachments

• AC32A420-A75E-42A5-A706-99DE995CF109.jpeg
    AC32A420-A75E-42A5-A706-99DE995CF109.jpeg
    102.1 KB · Views: 2
The only regular preventative treatment that could be used is spot on Revolution(selamectin), and it's rx so you would have to contact your vet for a prescription. It would basically be the same as what you would use to prevent fleas. For a current case of ticks, ivermectin can also be used, though I would still opt for Revolution instead.

Medirabbit: fleas

Medirabbit: ticks

https://rabbit.org/vet-listings/

Latest posts

Back