Thumping???

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lexi benton

Reaction score
I washed my rabbits water bowls with hot water and green Apple dawn soap. I let them dry off then brought them back to my rabbits cage and he started smelling me then started to run around and thump his foot. I don’t know why??

Thumping is to express that they are not happy or to attract attention. My rabbits would thump if their water bottle is empty for example so I know I need to wake up and refill it.

Maybe your rabbit didn't like the smell of your soap. By the way I use 5% white vinegar for cleaning and disinfecting all around their place and food/water bowls and would recommend highly.

Thumping is to express that they are not happy or to attract attention. My rabbits would thump if their water bottle is empty for example so I know I need to wake up and refill it.

Maybe your rabbit didn't like the smell of your soap. By the way I use 5% white vinegar for cleaning and disinfecting all around their place and food/water bowls and would recommend highly.
Thank you so much! That explains it. I’ll use the vinegar solution next time!!

Remember, rabbits have very sensitive little noses, so anything with a strong scent they could decide they really don't like and could upset them. Best to stick with unscented or more light natural scents.

Latest posts

Back