thumping bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Helix5

Reaction score
I have a 1.5 year old mini rex named Helix. Every once in a while when he's playing he will suddenly stop and stare at a wall. Then he will continuously thump and run with his ears back. He seems really scared. There is no noise nothing on the wall absolutely nothing. I don't know why he does this. Last night at 1am he kept thumping and when I checked on him there was nothing there to spook him. He's playing right now and thumping and staring at a wall I don't know why though. Any ideas how to help calm him down? Thanks

Rabbits have much better hearing than us. If he's focusing on the wall then I would presume that he can hear something in there that you aren't able to. Could be something like a mouse or even just a bug. To get him to calm down, try and find the source of the noise and get rid of it, maybe bang on the wall to scare whatever it is away, or turning on the radio or tv to mask the noise.

Rabbits have much better hearing than us. If he's focusing on the wall then I would presume that he can hear something in there that you aren't able to. Could be something like a mouse or even just a bug. To get him to calm down, try and find the source of the noise and get rid of it, maybe bang on the wall to scare whatever it is away, or turning on the radio or tv to mask the noise.
Thanks. I will try that next time if it happens again :) I ended up giving him a treat and took him to a different room and he calmed down

Latest posts

Back