thumpin

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doctorwhomelody

Reaction score
My rabbit just runs all over the place and thumps. Like thumper from bambi! So is she just doing it for fun? It scares everyone because she walks up and thumps her foot. lol:biggrin:

Fraggles love to thump. She usually goes "racer racer THUMP binky racer THUMP". She also thumps when you call her over she thumps as she is running up to you for pettings or treats. I think its just for fun although I have heard some serious "im afraid" thumping. My husband tossed hi umbrella on the table and it opened up. She ran into the hall and crouched down next to the bathroom. She kept thumping her foot with her ears pinned back. That was an "im upset" thump.

I only got my bun yesterday but he is happily runnign around the house with no one anoying him just exploring and he has thumped for the first time... but not only once he has done it 6-8 times he is just running around then thump!!! LOL its so funny!!

Q-tip does the playful thump, like Fraggles. If there's nothing scaring your bun, it's possible that the thump is "whoa I love this and I want you to see how much I love it so if I make noise, you'll notice what I'm doing." Q knows that really funny binkies get her treats, so when she's about to go on a binky spree, she'll thump to get my attention.

But you can tell the difference between that thump and a "holy banana peels, what's that noise? It's scaring me" thump.

Some buns will def thump for the sake of thumping when they are happy. It also seems they will thump as a 'learned behavior' as they know it gets your attention and then you give them attention.

Harvey used to thump during take off when jumping onto either the sofa or my bed. He would also thump if he was annoyed at me too.

He also thumps when I am really upset (not at him), like if I have had a bad day or like the time I had an unpleasant chat with a friend.

But all of those are different from when he is scared. It's more frantic and he bolts for the nearest hiding spot when he's scared.

Latest posts

Back