Thumpers fur falling out

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IluvBunniez

Reaction score
Hey guys,I had a vet appointment tommrow at 3:30 but had to re-scheduleit becasue I dont have a way to get there,being I dont drive yet.So nowits tuesday at 5pm...I was woundering if you guys could try to help memake her feel more comfy while I wait until Tuesday......Heres whatswrong. She was peeing all over her self so I tryed vinagerwhere she pees,it helped for a few days until she started agian,andthen laying in it. She now has no fur on her back legs or her feet dueto laying in her pea. I tryed giving her a bath to help clean her up,as soon as i got her dryed and back in her "clean" cage it startedagian.... Now she wont eat but like a niple here and there,all she doseis just lay there and im sooo scared im going to loose her.I haventbeen able to get her fixed due to lack of money. I just found a vetthat will take her in for 40$ plus additional fees and medicationand 200 to get them both spayed.... In thumperscondtion what do you think I could do to help her until I take her tothe vet in 5 days... IM Getting her Spayed as soon as she feelsbeter..Im just scared it could be too late.

What do you have on her cage floor? Ifyou don't normally put anything down, could you used newspaper orlitter all over the floor? Or move her temporarily into awire-bottomed cage.

After you do another "butt bath," put desitin baby ointment on her skin, per Pamnock:
http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=2461&forum_id=1&highlight=scald

Here's an article on urine scald:
http://www.bio.miami.edu/hare/urinary.html

The best thing you can do for her is to keep her as dry and clean asyou can. There are different things that can cause this, soI'm not sure what you can do besides that.

Ok I will try putting litter on the floor of the cage and and add somemore to her litter box.Since I usally only put the litter in the pottybox.Ill try that until I found out what the vet says,and Ill go aheadand try anthore bath..Thanks for the advice and I will keep you postedabout what the vet tells me tuesday...I just hope she will be fine.Ohone more question is it ok for her to be around Fay ( my other rabbit)who has Nothing wrong with her.

They havent been together in a while,due to mounting but they do getout too play together. I went to the vet last night,The soarson her feet are due to ware in tare of the cage? So they told me tokeep a towel down there to give her more padding to walk on.Theywatched her walk for a few moments then they took her blood.She hasntbeen eating latly well not alot and lost weight she only weighs 3.8pounds.So they gave me 3 difffrent meds to give her by her mouth and togive her lots of veggies and timothy hay to fatten her up,and to bringher back in 1 week for a weighing test and 2 weeks for moreblood.Overall i spent about 240 on her but hey it was worth it seeingher getting the help she needs...

Thanks agian for all the help this fourm gives out everyday.

Ashley Thumps and faynay

Latest posts

Back