Thumper Chases His Tail

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaGal

Reaction score
Yes, like a dog. Does anyone else have or had a bun that does this? Am I going to be told it is just another mating behavior?

When I sit on the floor and reach over top of his body (my arm is stretched across the length of him) and tickle his bottom he will start to spin in a circle. He does not act bothered but more as if he is enjoying it. He'll continue it for a while.

When I stop tickling he'll either keep spinning on his own or he will stop and start searching for my hand. Last night at one point I had my hand resting in my lap. Thumper put his front paws on my leg and pushed his head under my hand which appeared exactly as if he were trying to nudge me into tickling again.

He does not do this all of the time. Every two or three months he'll do this for one or two nights. He's not trying to bite because he never has and he could if that was what he wanted to do. I don't think it's just him trying to smell my hand either because often his nose will touch my hand and also because he'll continue even after I remove my hand.

Georgie used to do something like that when she was younger. I'd touch her on her hip, or even act like I was going to, and she'd start spinning, chasing my hand near her hip around and around. She'd keep on spinning until I took my hand away. I know that bunnies are ticklish on their sides so it's occurred to me since that maybe she was just trying to keep me from messing with her hip but usually if she doesn't want me touching her she just hops off, which makes me wonder if she was actually enjoying it and that's why she stuck around for her spin sessions. She's older now and is much more interested in shoving her head under my hand for head rubs whenever it gets near her but it was awfully darn cute when she was a wee bun.

I do enjoy it when he does it. He definitely acts like it is just the spinning he enjoys Although he does seem to enjoy it more when I'm tickling him then when he is just doing it on his own. When he wants petted he puts his nose in the air with his head slightly back or he will lay down when I start petting him.

Latest posts

Back