Thumper AKA fuzzy butt!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I loved Laverne and Shirley! They were so funny! I think they're great names for them! I'm so glad they finally have names. I thin my barn cat went a long time without a name and my husband finally named him Bronco.

I'm SO glad that one of the kittens found a home! Thats really great. I'm sure it will be a great home. I hope that the kid does get into 4-wheeler racing and you can keep updated with the kitten! LOL

Do you call them 4-wheelers or quads? My hub is from PA too and he calls them quads and I'm from SC so I call them 4-wheelers.

And it does sound like its a Great Horned owl, they're REALLY big!

Is your daughter okay?

Great names, I think they really suit. I´m sure they´ll get used to them quite soon and they´ve settled in so well.

Those are big owls, no wonder the buns were a bit scared.

Poor Thumper, won´t he drink from a water bottle, at least, he wouldn´t get wet.

Morgan...my daughter is fine now, thank you for asking. She did have the surgery so just healing up now. The names do fit. They are full of energy and just plain goofy like Laverne and Shirley. Because we went so long without satellite and had just antenna tv the girls actually saw some of the Laverne and Shirley show so even they know who they are named after. I think the kitty found a good home. They seemed very nice. The mother was quite talkative and the boy seemed the type to really love animals. I could tell he just wanted to pick him up and hold him but seemed to feel funny about it in front of us although he would be taking him home.

I guess from being from Pa as well I would call them quads but I am so used to hubby calling them 4 wheelers that I call them that now. Plus everyone else around here calls them that. It bugs me though when people call them bikes because for me that brings to mind the dirt bikes that race. Just like hubby calls his work van his truck whereas a truck to me is a pickup or 18 wheeler.

I'm going to try and remember and take the girls out right before dark so they can see the owls. Do you have those large brown slugs with the black stripes down there?

Chris...The names do fit. I just wish they would get used to the vacuum already. I hate feeling like I'm scaring them all the time but they hay gets around and drives me crazy so vacuuming has to be done once a day. Thumper did drink from a bottle when I first brought him home as that's what the breeder used but I had a bowl for him as well and he switched himself over quickly. I still hang the bottle just in case but he just seems to chin it. I did move his bowl into the only corner I haven't tried as he usually lays there but so far so good. He now stretches out in front of his door. Before he would meatloaf in the one corner.

Two days into the school year and I am so tired, like zombie tired. It is a pretty depressing thought knowing that I get to spend nine months of the year feeling this way except for weekends. Oh well, the twins are eight so only ten more years. I think if the girls were hubbies and mine I would home school. ha!

I was really not ready for summer to end but since it has I am going to at least look forward to some cooler weather. I don't like cold but it has been so hot and humid this year. My hair is so seemingly extra thick from the humidity and the heat on with the hot flashes ahs made it miserable. I'm too young for this. I dread going anywhere because of it. Hubby has been nice and has kept the AC turned so it is cooler inside then we have ever kept it. Last night at bed he said it felt chilly and I said I was hot!. It was 78 but he turned the AC down a degree for a few hours so I could at least get to sleep. The joy of having a programmable thermostat.

I went outside this morning to enjoy some cooler, fresh air. The temps have dropped to the 60's at night. I got a fright as all of a sudden I heard a very loud buzzing right next to me. It sounds like what I imagine a bee that is 6 inches would sound like and you never know with some of the strange large bugs here in the south. Being zombie tired though my only reaction was to quickly look up. It was a humming bird. It paused a moment and then zoomed off very quickly. I wish I could have watched it a while. We get them in our yard but only occasionally as we don't have the right flowers to attract them but someday we will.

We had one fly into the garage last year. It kept zooming around and around trying to find it's way out but kept going to the window which it couldn't get out of. I was worried as I know they have fast matabolisms and was afraid it would exhaust itself. It finally landed for a short time. I even taped a flower to the garage door hoping the color would attract it and then raised the garage door. After a little while it did finally fly out the garage door.

Laverne and Shirley are starting to adjust to the morning routine. They got scared by the dog yesterday as he gets excited when the girls are getting ready for school so he moves around a lot. They also were kind of spooked by us all being in the room together and us going in and out the door. They were much calmer today.

Yeah we do have those slugs. I had them more at my moms house in Charlotte though, not so much at my house. Actually I haven't seen many slugs at all here. I don't like slugs. Ew.

I guess I call SUV's trucks too, along with pick up trucks. I don't know what I would call a work van though. Probably, just a work van? haha. My husband calls 4-wheelers quads. At first it was strange, but now I'm used to it. He also calls riding lawn mowers, lawn tractors. But in my mind, a tractor is a real tractor like an International. haha. So now, AJ calls riding mowers, tractors.

The girls will get used to the vacuum. Ellie is still scared of it, but not as much as she was. She will get out of its way, but she doesn't run or act crazy around it anymore. Foo was the best with the vacuum. She was lay down near it and didn't care. She would stay totally flopped out asleep when I was vacuuming. But we did get her when we lived in a tiny apartment, so she had no choice but to get used to the sound because I had to vacuum everyday with 3 dogs and a rabbit in 500 sq. feet.

I always thought those slugs look like something made up for Resident Evil. I'm not a slug person and those are by far the worst I have ever seen. The twins and I saw one this morning. The one twin stopped when she saw it and said "Eewww!" We stood there a moment and the other said " It's soooo cute!" She's the animal one but her love goes beyond mine.

I call them just mowers or lawn mowers. Like you Tractors for me are the international's. I always have to sing that country song now when I see one. I once started singing it where we used to live when they neighbor was in the field near us on his. Joking around I told the girls to go sing it to them and maybe he'd take them for a ride. I then had to stop them as they had taken off running towards him. Ha!

I do vacuum everyday. With Thumper when I first brought him home I would start at the far end of the house and work my way towards him so maybe it wouldn't scare him so much if he heard it at a distance first but it didn't take him long to not care although he doesn't like when it's near him and I use the hose but he doesn't really freak out. Of course, I still deal with the cats running like I might kill them when I use the shop vac in the garage.

I have decided I quit! I am not doing another thing today beyond taking care of the animals which has to be done. I was mowing my lawn and the steering has gone out on my mower. It has been off for 2 months now and of course crapped out today before I even got done with near the house. When I turn the steering wheel right it just keeps on turning and turning well past where it should not be able to turn anymore but the mower doesn't actually turn.

I love having a husband that can fix anything and I do love my husband, just wish he had time to fix the things I use. My mower also only goes one speed which is slow due to needing a belt replaced. Oh and my dryer still screeches because it has a part that needs replaced. We have the part, he just hasn't had time to replace it. I think I may just start learning how to do these things myself.

I did get to see a praying mantis while I was moving our expedition and trailer to mow where it sits before my mower quit on me. I think I just need to get some goats. It hasn't been a year for mowing grass at all.

I shot my dog with the hose this morning. We always take him potty to a certain area of our yard so we don't step in anything. It is a large area. Well for months now he has been stopping short of the area to pee. He'll do it whether he is on the leash or not. He is too strong to move him once he stops at least not without risking being peed on. So this morning I sprayed the hose at him.

It's been a busy morning. besides getting the girls ready for school I have also been getting some of my work done like laundry. Can only do so much otherwise everyone will mess the work up before they leave.

I got my hair cut yesterday and I'm loving it. It's still long just styled better plus she thinned it out as well so I feel like my head lost weight. Ha! I also have not had a knot in it, before it would get knotted easily. I also am not bugged by it as much when I am hot. Now I just have to hope the lady that cut it doesn't quit working there which seems to happen every time I find someone that cuts my hair well.

I am so proud of the twins. They had a homework assignment yesterday of writing a short story. They only had to write a few paragraphs but the girls each wrote a story that covers the front and back of a paper and the front of another. They had to write it, I had to correct the mistakes and they had to write it again. They started as soon as they got home and worked till bed time other than for dinner and a shower. They asked to stop at 7:30p and finish in the morning which I agreed to but both were so worried they wouldn't finish that they kept on working. They started on it again after they got ready for school and were working when they left. Hopefully they'll finish on the bus but they certainly gave it their all.

Thumper got me on Wednesday. I wasn't in a very good mood what with my mower quitting on me and being tired. I went to clean his cage and saw that he had spilled his water dish so I grabbed some paper towels and went to clean it. It was a large puddle so my hand got soaked and then I realized it wasn't water. It was a puddle of his pee. It's a good thing I adore him.

Those girls! They sound wonderful!

I need to get my hair cut, I'm glad you got it cut well! I wish my hair was still long. :( I got it all cut off like a year and a half ago and its taken forever to get it back down past my shoulders. It was down to my butt, which was fantastic. Because its like a horse tail and it was all one length. I kept it braided to one side and I could probably pull a truck with my braid! LOL I miss it.

Thumper better be glad he's adorable! I hate bunny pee, it smells weird.

I can't believe your dryer is still squeaky!

Well my hair isn't that long but it is long. I don't think hair that long would be the best look for me. I have it cut in layers so it frames my face nicely. Hair that long would have been chopped off by me this summer. I was close to it with mine between it getting knotted, the heat it holds in and the crazy affect the humidity has on it.

Right now I'm washing a comforter and it went from screech...screech...screech to just plain ssscccrrreeeeccchhhhh. I think I may lose my mind or what's left of it! Time to do a bunch of laundry while hubby is home so he'll make time and get it done. And I have a load in the washer yet. Ahhhh!!!

Hubby and I have talked about it off and on and I looked on the internet on Wednesday and you can still buy waterbeds. Hubby had one in the beginning and we were comfy and slept well and then all of a sudden we started waking up with back aches. We made the mistake of not playing around with the water level and switched to a regular mattress and box spring he had. That was about six years ago and we have been trying different mattresses, feather bed, memory foam topper, etc. I think we have tried just about everything and even bought a new mattress last year and have had no luck. So we are thinking of buying a new waterbed mattress as we still have the rest of the bed. I can't remember if we kept the heater and all but we do have the actual bed part so either today or tomorrow I will look for the heater.

HaHa! I have the tv on as just a way to kinda deaden the screeching which is a tiny bit less annoying when there is other noise around and not just a quiet house. Ellen came on and it caught my attention as I was typing this post. She has some lady in a Barnes and Noble walking up to strangers and talking to them but what she is saying is lyrics from different songs. Some of the people's reactions were funny. I want to go to the book store now and do this. Ha! You can look it up on youtube.com/ellen

It's crazy here today with the noise. The dryer just shut off so a few minutes of oh so wonderful quiet except Thumper decided to start shaking the Xpen like crazy and now he is making a huge racket with the remaining part of Thumper Town. It sound like someone just beating on the cardboard as well as his nails scratching.

I kept seeing a pair of ear muffs, the kind fore protecting your ears around loud machinery that has a built in radio and thought about getting a pair for hubby. I think I should just buy myself a pair. Ha!

I have never had a waterbed, I didn't know they still even had those! haha. If it fixes your back pain then I guess its worth it. My aunt had one and he dog punctured it and it flooded her house. hahaha. It was terrible, but when I was a kid it was hilarious.

I would be hanging stuff outside to dry if my dryer sounded like that.

Denise you have been busy. Great that they enjoyed writing their stories and kept going until they´d finished, bet they were good as well.

I laughed at you mopping up Thumper´s pee...bet he was laughing at you too when you were doing it lol.

I hate it when appliances start making unusual noises, always think somethings going to go wrong with them and I get a bit obsessed listening to them then.

Whenever anyone mentions waterbeds I remember a comedy show years ago on the BBC called Steptoe and Son. The son bought a waterbed to impress the ladies and the dad was trying it out and cutting his toe nails and punctured it. he then repaired it and the son came home with his lady friend and it ended up bursting and they got soaked. Sounds lame but it was so funny and that´s what I always think of when someone mentions waterbeds. Having said that, I know someone who´s got one and they say that they are fabulous and very comfortable, I would love to try one.

Morgan...I had that issue with my ferret although luckily he would just put some tiny holes in it and I would find them when I noticed the sheet was damp. It took a few months and then I found he was getting to the mattress from under the bed. It was driving me crazy because after the first time he shouldn't have been able to get to the mattress. Poor mattress had so many patches till I figured it out.

I would hang stuff out but these really big spiders love living on the clothesline and they make ridiculous webs.

Chris...I'm sure Thumper was laughing. I had a few choice words with him in my head though! Ha
We have known what was wrong for a while. When it first started hubby took it apart and made a temporary part as we had to order the replacement part. We have the part now to fix it permanently he just hasn't had time.

That show does sound funny. I always did like a waterbed but from the looking online I have been doing they have come so much further with them. They even have pillow top ones.

I got my hair cut yesterday and I'm loving it. It's still long just styled better plus she thinned it out as well so I feel like my head lost weight. Ha! I also have not had a knot in it, before it would get knotted easily. I also am not bugged by it as much when I am hot. Now I just have to hope the lady that cut it doesn't quit working there which seems to happen every time I find someone that cuts my hair well.

OMG the same thing always happens to me!!!!! >:| I know exactly how you feel!

Sent from my iPhone using Rabbit Forum

I know what its like to have massive spiders. Thats why I haven't hung anything out to dry. I have the big fat Orb Weaving spiders and they're trying to take over my house. I have one in the back door way, one in the front door way, a St. Andy's cross spider on the fence at the corner of the house, and my magnolia is completely filled with Orb Weavers. I wouldn't even walk out there at night, for fear of being rolled up in a web and eaten by big spiders.
So I get it not wanting to hang your clothes out. I wouldn't either. It was way too wet this summer for us, for me to be able to hang anything out, all the bugs were way too bad. The mosquitoes have been completely unbearable. We can barely go outside now.

It sucks too because I really like to hang stuff out to dry. I like the way it smells, even if the clothes are a little stiff when you bring them back in! haha.

AJ just walked into the living room and yelled "I have a book!" then went to read it to the cat! LOL

Katie...I have lived in Virginia going on seven years now and have yet to find a place to regularly go because whoever does my hair always quits.

Morgan...the mosquitos haven't been worse then normal which I thought they would be since it was so wet here but maybe all of our frogs have helped keep the population down. Maybe too when they were tadpoles they ate the mosquito larvae. The spiders are starting to overtake my house as well. I think they know fall and colder weather are almost here because we always have issues with spiders starting this time of year. I swear I don't need to decorate the front of the house because it gets covered with webs and spiders as well. I pressure wash and even that has trouble knocking the webs off the house.

Good for AJ. I think it really helps kids academically when they are interested in reading.

Not much to tell today. The buns have been taken care of and fed but haven't been out. We were supposed to go racing the 4 wheelers at a track that's new to us but the race was cancelled due to a family emergency.

Instead hubby decided we had to drive to Ft. Brag, NC to pick up a 4 wheeler. It is a three hour drive one way for us. So should have taken us between 7 and 8 hours with potty stops. Well mapquest was down this morning so hubby got the directions from yahoo. A bit of mistake as it gave us wrong directions at the end.

Hubby used his phone GPS for the first time but that was no help. It was not giving us enough detail on the map. Finally made it though but two hours late somehow. We didn't get home till about 9pm.

Tomorrow I'll be busy making up for what I did not get done today.

Last night we celebrated a little. The one twin as I said wanted to know how to get Laverne and Shirley comfortable around her. Mostly she has been reading out loud to them. Well last night she got to pet Shirley for several minutes for the first time. That's a feat especially since the two of them are just so active and especially during their out time. It made her very happy.

Busy day yesterday but I did accomplish everything I wanted to.

Hubby let his cousin borrow our truck and open trailer. Hubby later told me he said he went down a narrow dead end road and while turning around jack knifed the trailer and busted our tail light. I looked this morning once the sun had finally rose. The light is fun but he put some pretty good gouges in the truck. The light would have been easier and cheaper to fix. You know what they say, no good deed goes unpunished.

The girls informed me last night that while I was in the shower Laverne and Shirley got into the closet and chewed a hole in the bag of litter and made a huge mess. I haven't looked yet, I didn't want to. Ha! They also chewed some carpet up.

I dreamt this morning that Thumper had head tilt and splay leg. The splay leg was a symptom of the head tilt. He was smaller though as I could pick him up with one hand. He was also a light brown. I was happy to see all the buns seem fine this morning.

I have to go out later and hopefully find some russet potatoes to dig up for dinner or I'll have to change my menu. I'm going to make a chicken version of sheppards pie I invented. We have been eating watermelon for over a week now and have given away plenty. We have also ate a lot of corn on the cob and froze some. Also cantaloupe.

I think my cat might have some fleas. She has allergic reactions to fleas which it looks like is starting. We just put some flea treatment on her a week ago. It doesn't seem to be working. We had noticed her scratching just a little and treated her in case it was fleas.

I got the chance to play with Thumper off and on today especially this evening and to give him pets. I have missed that so much, he really does make me smile. I got some pics of all the buns and will post some soon.

I also spent some time with Laverne and Shirley. When I was on Thumps side of the X pen while they were out but he was in his cage, they both came to the side of the X pen to see me. Later while I was in sitting with them Shirley licked me twice. They still aren't crazy about being petted but we'll keep working on it. Sometimes I wonder if some of it is just that they are so active when they are out. I know when Thump is full of energy he doesn't want to sit for more than a moment for a pet but when he's feeling less energized you could pet him for hours.

I also wonder if them being bonded might have some affect. Not that I think that would make them not want affection from a human but maybe just ever so slightly less than if they were alone.

Shirley though did lick me twice while I was in with them.

I did come across this and I could just imagine her doing this...

Latest posts

Back