Thumper AKA fuzzy butt!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
holtzchick...not at all? well at least he likes being touched and pretty much is ok with anywhere. He never gets aggressive or tries to bite and doesn't get spooked. Maybe I can find something he'll really like but I usually don't give him much fruit.

So Thumper is having a ball tonight. I can tell by all the noise coming from his room and the height of his jumps when I have gone in there. I haven't played much with him because I am just soo tired. It shouldn't even be possible to be this tired and still alive but anyways we put the girls to bed at 8:30pm and right about 9 my husband hollers from the living room "what are you girls doing?"

I then had to tell him "that's not the girls, that's Thumper making all that noise"! I just find that hilarious.

Bunny & Cat 044.jpg

He kinda looks like he's praying. :)

The door way right behind him with the gate up leads to my bedroom, the doorway at the side of him leads to the kitchen. I can't tell you how many times in one day I have to step over one gate, then immediately step over the other. I'm not really short but my legs aren't that long so I have to really lift my leg to get over without cracking my foot. I tell you what though, if you ever want to get your butt in shape put two gates directly near each other. Haha

I have a baby gate in the door way of the kitchen, we don't let my son in the kitchen because lets face it...the kitchen isn't safe. haha. AND thats Ellie's room, and she can't be trusted in the house. So I walk over that gate like 500 times a day. I can't tell you how many times I've fallen over it or caught my shin on it and then caught myself with my arms in the door frame and hand bruises everywhere. Or how many times I've kitchen the gate down in anger from tripping over it. haha. It was really bad when we gave our old gate to my mom and got a new gate that was 1" taller than the old one. You wouldn't think an inch was much, but it is! haha. That inch messed with my husband and I for months!

I love when I can hear Ellie going crazy in the kitchen, it makes me happy when I hear a happy bun! I bet its loud hearing Thumper bouncing around and being crazy!

Yes, it was very loud especially since he kept jumping onto his town and also attacking it. He's crazy!

What I want to do is put up a gate shutting off our den so then he can be in his room, kitchen and dining room. That way he will get to interact more and yet not have too much freedom just yet. I want to replace the gates I have with extra tall metal ones and the kind with the like door in it so you don't have to step over.

I want metal because Thump chews the wood and plastic. I especially hate having to haul my vacuum over the gate along with myself. Thump also makes is harder by stretching out right next to the gates so you have to be careful not to step on him. He either just lays there being lazy or he jumps up and just runs back and forth all excited. One of the doorways (we have 3) that is blocked off now is extra wide. The gate is up in it but it is not as secure as I like. I used to leave Thumper out in his room even when I wasn't home but he escaped once and it's because the gate does not fit tight enough.

My husband wants to build a gate and he could but who knows when he will get around to it.

Last night Thumper reminded me of Sheldon from Big Bang Theory. I put his bowl of veggies in his cage and was just sitting next to his cage waiting and hoping he would come over so I wouldn't have to chase him around to put him away for the night. Well he actually came up to his cage but stayed right outside the door. He would bite near the one corner a few times, then would stretch his neck as far as it would reach and bite the cage again several times, then he would again bite the first corner several times. He did this about twenty times and then just hopped into his cage like nothing. Made me think of Sheldon knocking on Penny's door.
lease don't tell me I have an OCD bun to go along with my OCD dog?!? I don't think I can take any more crazy without becoming so myself.

Bunny & Cat 039.jpg

Bunny & Cat 041.jpg

Bunny & Cat 050.jpg

I just went outside, it's getting nice out. Right as I walked out of the house into the garage I saw a lizard walk in. I chased him out but he really didn't want to go. He's better off outside because one of the cats might get him. The one we have had for a few years rarely hunts but every once in a while she'll catch something. My husband brought another cat home. I'm not sure of her age but she looks younger, she has a young looking face. My husband stopped by to talk to a man that lives down the road. While he was there this cat started rubbing against him. He eventually picked her up and she immediately climbed onto his shoulder. The mans daughter brought her home from a horse show and bottle fed her. His daughter is now off at college. I guess my huibby mentioned we had been looking for another cat. Her name is Isabel. She is mostly grey but with some white including white feet. She has the softest fur, short. She has extra toes which make her paws remind me of chameleon feet. She loves attention but isn't annoying about it and she loves to climb you and lay on your shoulder. She is very gentle and careful when she climbs you. If you stand next to something off the ground and lean down she'll climb back off you. You can hear her purr from ten feet away. She likes the dog. Our other cat growls at her but will also sniff her so I know over time they will get along. She likes our food a little too much though. We are used to having food out most of the time. Well she'll eat till she actually looks pregnant. She wasn't under weight when my husband brought her home but she may have had competition for food which leads her to gorge like that. I tried to get pics but they didn't come out well because at the time she wouldn't be still as she was wanting lovin'. I'll try again when she wakes up from a nap and is moving slow.

Oh, that second photo is so cute, he´s got such a lovely nose to go with those fabulous ears. All the photos are great, he´s such a lovely looking boy. Don´t envy all those gates. I have enough with just their enclosure and the number of times I catch my foot on it...yes, just think of all that exercise and how much good it´s doing your legs and butt.

I can imagine he makes quite a noise when he feels like it lol.

I want metal because Thump chews the wood and plastic. I especially hate having to haul my vacuum over the gate along with myself. Thump also makes is harder by stretching out right next to the gates so you have to be careful not to step on him. He either just lays there being lazy or he jumps up and just runs back and forth all excited. One of the doorways (we have 3) that is blocked off now is extra wide. The gate is up in it but it is not as secure as I like. I used to leave Thumper out in his room even when I wasn't home but he escaped once and it's because the gate does not fit tight enough.

My husband wants to build a gate and he could but who knows when he will get around to it.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000F1MTTE/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

I have this gate and LOVE it. It's installed in my kitchen doorway so Monty can run just the kitchen (the rest of my apartment isn't bunnyproofed). This company offers height extensions, so you can make it harder for him to jump over without impeding visibility. When Monty's crate is closed up, I just open the gate and have the whole doorway to walk through. I chose this over the ones that have a middle section that swings out, because then there's always something to trip over. Yes, it's screwed into the doorway, but that means large bunnies can't move it :)

o8ie8h.jpg

I only have the two pieces of other stuff on the gate because when she was a baby, she could get half of her body through it...so this was for her safety. I haven't decided to take them off yet, just cuz then she'll notice the change and pay attention to the gate. ssshhh, nothing to see here, Monty.

And one more pic for the sake of GIANT FACE WASHIES!
xlw1o0.jpg

Monty also nearly puts her nose on the floor while she's washing. So cute and funny :)

Edited to add: Monty likes to lay right along the gate too, as you can see. Good thing is, you can install this gate so that it swings either way :) I'm glad I set mine up this way. Relaxing giants take too long to get up to escape while I sneak through the gate!

Last edited by a moderator:
Monty is such a pretty girl, if I felt up to the challenge of bonding I might have to sneak her away from you! I love seeing them clean their face I think they look totally adorable! That gate would work. The only thing is whether or not they have an extra wide one because our doorway is. Although I was hoping to find one that stayed up with pressure (the kind where you screw the knob in) so I could make it plenty tight. The ones we have now are just ridiculous although they do work for while we are home. I'll have to take a picture sometime but we built some wood posts that are the inside of the doorway. Screwing anything into those would not be preferred. That's great that it can swing either way. Thumper is currently trying to eat the laptop.

I'll have to look at their gates more. I was looking everywhere and started getting lost since I seemed to have looked at hundreds of gates so then I started looking on e-bay which was kind of nice since they seemed to be charging somewhat less than most places. It drives me nuts seeing gates that cost $70 dollars or more but I guess I just need to remind myself that spread out over the years since they should last a very long time, isn't so bad.

So I grabbed my camera quick because Thumper was sitting in his litter box eating some pellets and part of his big fuzzy butt was squished up over the side. It was just funny and I really wanted a pic but of course by the time I grabbed it and turned it on he had moved. He did however, cooperate with my plans and got on the scale not once but twice and each time he sat there for enough time to read it but I don't think it is reading right. It was reading 9 pounds without him on. With him on it went up to 18 pounds so it is saying he weighs nine pounds. That just does not seem right and he weighed about that when I weighed him last which was several months ago. I'll have to get my husband to look at the scale, there is a way to calibrate it from talking to him but I do not know how to do it myself.

Bunny & Cat 031.jpg

Bunny & Cat 035.jpg

Thumper was having fun last night using me as an obstacle course/jungle gym. I was sitting cross legged (indian style) on the floor, leaning back with my arms slightly behind me to support myself. On my left was the end of Thumps town. He would run between my right arm and torso, around my back, between my left arm and torso and then jump over my leg. He did this about ten times. He's so much fun!

Today it actually got warm enough that I opened a few windows a few inches. We had a good breeze blowing so I didn't open them too much. Thumper came out of his town where he'd been napping while we ate dinner. He was tip toeing around, kneck stretched as far forward as it could and ears straight up and alert. I wanted to get pics but he had stopped by the time we were done eating dinner. He rarely ever behaves this way so it was interesting viewing. I know it is because he could hear the frogs peeping, birds chirping, squirrels fussing and some traffic. He hasn't heard any of those sounds for months. Yay, spring is on the way!

Thumper is also turning colors again. He is shedding but very lightly. He now has a dark band across his face between his nose and eyes. It is the shape of an upside down V but with the point more rounded. I took a pic along with some others. I will post those as soon as I can. I'll also try to be ready next time I get the chance to open windows.

Bunny & Cat 040.jpg

Bunny & Cat 038.jpg

Bunny & Cat 030.jpg

He's looking gorgeous. You must take a ton of pictures of him.

Loopsy...I do take a lot more now. I have my own laptop so I don't have to share with my husband and I now have somewhere to share them. I know I really enjoy seeing everyone's buns myself and figure there are probably others out there that feel the same.

Yes! We all love seeing pictures of Thumper because he's such a handsome boy! Plus, who doesn't love a flemmie?! They're my favorite breed now. (shhh don't tell little Ellie the dutch!) LOL.

I love the under the chin picture, its such a strange angle but its pretty awesome.

I do love this big bunnies...he is such a lovely boy and I just love seeing all the photos of him..I do still love my dutchie though although I´m a bit partial to flemishes now, there are so many great ones on here.

Latest posts

Back