Thumper 😀

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thumper13810

Reaction score
Heeey :) hoping someone maybe able to help me out, my giant rabbit seem's to have both his ears tattooed and I wondering if someone can help me out, why are they both tattooed and how can I find out about his back round?

Attachments

• 20210411_130531.jpg
    20210411_130531.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 16
Did you get him from the shelter? If so, that would explain the tattoos in his ears. It's a mark that he was neutered. If not, then I don't know. But he looks so much like my Xiao Wu! See? Xiao Wu has one because she's spayed. We got her from our local shelter.
IMG_20210323_190124_573.jpg

Thanks for the reply :)
I acually bought him of gumtree just before Christmas... the lady who sold me him didn't give me much details just that he was a giant continental rabbit and was four months old, I went to get him his jags (one so he doesn't catch a the airborn disease) at the vets and they said the couldn't do it without medical card, I then contacted the seller who then said she had missed placed it?

They said he wasn't, he wasn't very little when we got him, these pictures where took about 5days after we got him

Attachments

• 20201227_211402.jpg
    20201227_211402.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 8
  • 20201227_211427.jpg
    20201227_211427.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 8
  • 20201229_185957.jpg
    20201229_185957.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 9
Aww I see, I do know when I bought him it wasn't from the original seller, she had got him else where, ( sounds like the poor guy has been passed about) and he's such a lovely wee guy ❤

I was just wondering if the tattoo on his ears would be able to tell me abit about his back round and where he was from ....

Thanks for the reply :)
I acually bought him of gumtree just before Christmas... the lady who sold me him didn't give me much details just that he was a giant continental rabbit and was four months old, I went to get him his jags (one so he doesn't catch a the airborn disease) at the vets and they said the couldn't do it without medical card, I then contacted the seller who then said she had missed placed it?
That doesn't sound right at all. You don't need any medical card to get your bunny vaccinated in the UK. Try a vet on the RWAF vet list: Rabbit Friendly Vet List

Tattoos can show that your rabbit is a qualified show rabbit. It can also mean that your rabbits is spayed/neutered. If your rabbits was found at a shelter, it could have been dumped. Therefore he could have been a show rabbit with tattooed ears because show rabbits are not allowed to be spayed/neutered. If your bun was fixed at the shelter, that is what the tattooes are from. However, if he was previously a show rabbit, that could also be where the tattoos are from too.

Tattoos can show that your rabbit is a qualified show rabbit. It can also mean that your rabbits is spayed/neutered. If your rabbits was found at a shelter, it could have been dumped. Therefore he could have been a show rabbit with tattooed ears because show rabbits are not allowed to be spayed/neutered. If your bun was fixed at the shelter, that is what the tattooes are from. However, if he was previously a show rabbit, that could also be where the tattoos are from too.
Oh! I think it might be a show rabbit tattoo. That's not a normal mark for neutered or spayed.

Poor little thing. That really breaks my heart. I´m so glad knowing that you are his parent now❤

In Denmark Rabbits always have tatooes in both their ears when they originally are from a qualified and certified Rabbit Breader. On ear is the number of the rabbit Breader. And the other one is the number of the particular litter.

I don´t know if that´s the same internationally though?

Latest posts

Back