Thumbing rabbit

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a 4 section rabbit cage 14 foot long and my boy been in there for 5 days and I put my female rabbit in there today and he won’t stop stomping. He can’t see her at all or get to her but I’m wondering will it stop. Is he goin to be okay and get used to her?

Can they get to each other through the cage bars? Can they bite each other through the bars? Are they both spayed and neutered? He is being territorial because he smells another rabbit.

I have a 4 section rabbit cage 14 foot long and my boy been in there for 5 days and I put my female rabbit in there today and he won’t stop stomping. He can’t see her at all or get to her but I’m wondering will it stop. Is he goin to be okay and get used to her?
Are they both fixed? Can he smell her? what age are they both

Can they get to each other through the cage bars? Can they bite each other through the bars? Are they both spayed and neutered? He is being territorial because he smells another rabbit.
No they can’t see each other at all there wood between both there outside and inside sections and no they are not spayed or neutered. im goin to look into places that do them for free because I have a few rabbits but I can’t do it until things calm down with the virus.

Are they both fixed? Can he smell her? what age are they both
There not fixed. Money and places to get them fixed rn are an issue I’m goin to look into it when the virus calms down. I would say about a year old I got them at an auction and they didn’t tell us anything

So he probably can smell her (or your other rabbits) and thumping indicates that he wants to get to her or if there's another male around he is not happy with that as well.

He will learn to get used to her scent and accept it. Since they can't get to each other they should both be safe. If the thumping doesn't calm down sore hocks are a possibility and I would check his hocks every week to make sure there are no blisters.
I don't think you will be able to find a free place to the fixed, but probably a cheap place like a spay and neuter facility.

I have 7 week old baby’s haven’t sex them yet and are about 20 feet away. Will the boy and girl be okay. And will he calm down. Is it better to have a cage will all males all separated tho. And then a cage that all females separated.

He will learn to get used to her scent and accept it. Since they can't get to each other they should both be safe. If the thumping doesn't calm down sore hocks are a possibility and I would check his hocks every week to make sure there are no blisters.
I don't think you will be able to find a free place to the fixed, but probably a cheap place like a spay and neuter facility.
Okay thank you so much !

Latest posts

Back