thoughts on lennon the bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Janellek

Reaction score
I just saw on a recent thread comments about Lennon the bunny, and now I'm questioning the things I learned from her channel. Hence the hooded litter box and which vaccinations are safe for bunnies and things like that, any advice would be appreciated:) and if you know of some other good bunny youtubers I would lover to hear about them, i'm having trouble finding ones I like. Thanks in advance!

All Youtubers are going to have generally the same limitations. They are creating content that is meant to be relatively short and direct, therefore the complexities of things and educating owners gets put to the way side or is overly reduced. If you're looking for good sources of information, please check written resources from experience rabbit-owners and/or that draw from legitimate rabbit-related literature, like Rabbits Indoors , Home | BinkyBunny , or WabbitWiki

Hey everyone! I responded to another thread just like this but decided to do a longer one with better explination. Lennon the bunny is trying to make a change whcih I think is great! But at the same time It is making people who dont have the option of free roaming feel guilty. I alost got rid of my bunnnies because they are outdoor bunnies and after watching her videos I thought keeping them outside was wrong. Which in realtiy they had a great home. So I think that while she thinks she is making it better she is incouraging less people to buy bunnies and more people to get rid of there bunnies.

I watch lennon the bunny because a few of the videos I like but certain views we have different. Outdoors bunnies are popular in my country and many build large cages for their bunnies as to let them use their natural behavior like digging and chewing. Not all bunnies will fit for outdoors but it’s the same that not all bunnies will fit for a life indoors free roaming.

One problem are also that many don’t consider the different of countries and the information of bunny care. That some countries don’t have good rabbit savy vets etc. Which can make a person view quite harsh when sharing on youtube. For example the diet of bunnies, I think it’s most important that you adapt after your individual bunny but many videos will say that for kits give them unlimited alfalfa pellets and alfalfa hay. Any other way will be wrong, so if you get a bunny who prefer pellets and go through with unlimited alfalfa pellets you will quite likely struggle to encourage your bunny to eat hay when fully grown up.

So when watching youtube videos have a critical mind and don’t take all advices as true facts. I often combine youtube with reading about bunnies as to create a better understanding while adapting after my own bunnies needs.

I have watched Lennon the bunny! I really appreciate her helpful content but do have to admit it has made me feel pretty bad to not be able to free roam my bunnies. I love that she wants to spread awareness about bunnies and where/how they should live but feel she has a lot of criticism towards bunny owners as myself who aren’t able to free roam there bunnies. Just wanted to share what I think! My favorite YouTube bunny channels are Sincerely Cinnabun, 101 Rabbits, and Hooks Hollands ☺️

thanks for all the help guys! I will check out those other channels! what are your opinions on vaccinations? they make me anxious but i am downsizing my rabbitry and just keeping a few of my little babes as pets and if I can afford it I might look into getting them vaxed. but it makes me really nervous hearing about side affects afterwards for some bunnies!

thanks for all the help guys! I will check out those other channels! what are your opinions on vaccinations? they make me anxious but i am downsizing my rabbitry and just keeping a few of my little babes as pets and if I can afford it I might look into getting them vaxed. but it makes me really nervous hearing about side affects afterwards for some bunnies!

I vaccinate my bunnies yearly and the side effects I had where a little tired or losing fur around the area they was vaccinated. I rather take the risk of the vaccine than letting my bunnies get RHD or myxo which would be a death sentence for my bunnies if unvaccinated. I have those in my area and I have wild rabbits plus hares. So it’s just my way of prevention. I’ve known breeders who lost all their bunnies under a week because of RHD virus, it go fast and painful for the bunny.

There will always be risks with vaccines, there are risks with taking normal medication. You just need to deicide if you want to take the risk or not.

I vaccinate my bunnies yearly and the side effects I had where a little tired or losing fur around the area they was vaccinated. I rather take the risk of the vaccine than letting my bunnies get RHD or myxo which would be a death sentence for my bunnies if unvaccinated. I have those in my area and I have wild rabbits plus hares. So it’s just my way of prevention. I’ve known breeders who lost all their bunnies under a week because of RHD virus, it go fast and painful for the bunny.

There will always be risks with vaccines, there are risks with taking normal medication. You just need to deicide if you want to take the risk or not.
thankyou! okay, i will look into it. not sure what i will decide but you never know!

she is incouraging less people to buy bunnies and more people to get rid of there bunnies.

I don't think anyone should ever 'get rid' of their rabbits, but to be honest fewer people buying rabbits is probably a good thing, unless they're fully educated and prepared to make changes and sacrifices to accomot a rabbit, and not just initially but over a period of many years.
I'm not aiming this at you, but many people act like humans have a god given right to own animals, when I think it should be a case of putting the animal's welfare first.
If an individual or family can provide a good and healthy home for rabbits then maybe they should consider it, but if people are not prepared for the life changes that a rabbit can bring, then making the decision not to adopt a rabbit is probably the right thing.

From my perspective more information and education like Lennon can only be a good thing. If it puts some people off from buying a rabbit then maybe that combination wasn't the right thing in the first place.

I don't.mean to come across harsh, but the more years I spend with our Simba, the more I question the very idea of animal 'ownership' and the pet breeding business.

Ok, I watch lennon and Cinnabon and 101 rabbits and Binkley and now there's a new one with buns doing binaries. I free roam and always have - way before any of YouTube bunnies. Way back to newsletters from The House Rabbit Society. They each have their place. I don't agree with them all but I will support them BECAUSE they give info, mostly right. AND we need them. When you disagree with one of them, you have learned something.the mThat's what they do. This forum is the next step.

Ok, I watch lennon and Cinnabon and 101 rabbits and Binkley and now there's a new one with buns doing binaries. I free roam and always have - way before any of YouTube bunnies. Way back to newsletters from The House Rabbit Society. They each have their place. I don't agree with them all but I will support them BECAUSE they give info, mostly right. AND we need them. When you disagree with one of them, you have learned something.the mThat's what they do. This forum is the next step.
I watch most of those too, Lennon The Bunny, Cinnabon and 101 rabbits.

I just saw on a recent thread comments about Lennon the bunny, and now I'm questioning the things I learned from her channel. Hence the hooded litter box and which vaccinations are safe for bunnies and things like that, any advice would be appreciated:) and if you know of some other good bunny youtubers I would lover to hear about them, i'm having trouble finding ones I like. Thanks in advance!
Cinabun sundays, and bini the bunny

She constantly tells you every way you're wrong and how you're killing your highly killable pet. I've found most things just aren't reality and that nature is tougher than a California YouTube star
Agree with you there. She told a few people who had both water bottles and water bowls available for their bunnies to take the bottles away completely. Completely illogical in my opinion. Why take away a source of water? I can understand adding one (like adding the bowl if you only had a water bottle before) but taking one away...?

My bunny drinks from his water bowl and water bottle in equal amounts. He usually drinks from the bottle hanging from his cage just after he eats (his hay and pellets are in the cage too) and drinks from the bowl after he zooms around the room (bowl is on the carpet outside his cage homebase).

I love sincerely cinnabun, and 101 rabbits, and mypawfectfamily. Hooded litter boxes aren’t great because they trap Ammonia , very harmful to rabbits sensitive respiratory system

Yes, I think 101rabbits is great. Her videos are long and detailed, and feel less commercial or popularity motivated.

Latest posts

Back