Thoughts on eye colour & fur colouring

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Em Jade

Reaction score
Hey everyone
I have been looking for a chocolate otter mini lop for a while now and I finally found one that I have put a deposit on but he’s not arriving until mid March. I just have a few questions as it’s hard to tell from the pictures and even his current owner isn’t too sure. What are his eyes? She told me they were brown then I asked about that little blue bit overlapping into the white and she looked again and said they are actually greenish with a red tinge in some lighting, can anyone explain what this might mean? Will the red tinge and blue go away as he gets older? Do you have any ideas as to what colour they will end up being?

And secondly, I have read that their coats change as they age, some lighten, some darken. Is there any way to tell which way he will go? Or do you think he will stay the same? His birthday was on 10 January so he is still very young.

Sorry if these are silly questions, any insight is appreciated.
Thank you, Em

Attachments

• IMG_6498.JPG
    IMG_6498.JPG
    65.6 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_6499.JPG
    IMG_6499.JPG
    69.4 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_6500.JPG
    IMG_6500.JPG
    51.3 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_6501.JPG
    IMG_6501.JPG
    43.5 KB · Views: 12
Hi, he's very pretty but 4 week old it's still very young and can change a lot, he can even go from blue eyes to brown.

Latest posts

Back