Thoughts on cage

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a pretty cool find! How long would your bun have time outside the cage? I know bunnies like floor space as opposed to levels though. Some buns aren't that great of jumpers, mine included.

Sorry but that is unsuitable for a rabbit. The shelves are way too narrow to be of any value or use. If a rabbit does manage to hop up without falling off (because the shelves are so narrow), bunny can do nothing but sit. I don't even know if a rabbit would be able to turn around on one of those shelves.

Have you looked through the following thread for other ideas?
https://www.rabbitsonline.net/threads/2019-cages-add-your-photo.93422/

Hm, that is a cage designed for cats - although I can't wrap my mind around the thought of putting a cat into a cage.
That price seems ridiculous to me, that's about what I bought my car for. :D Can't see the actual size - there are a lot of Memes recently about stuff people ordered online vs. what they got :D. Anyway, that floor space doesn't look big enough for hay rack, a decent litter box, hidy house and enough space to run more than one step.

If you want a corner setup I would skip the cage and would just fence off the corner, with vinyl flooring for easy maintenance.

My indoor rabbits have no cage at all, and I build the outdoor hutches for the others myself from pallet wood and improvised stuff, but if I needed an indoor cage I would look at those NIC-grids, I like the idea that they can be easily adapted and updated if something isn't perfect.

I use an Ikea storage box as litter box and feeding station.

Just to clarify, I wasn't planning on buying this exact cage. The specs of the cage say it's 38" by 38" by 61" I just liked the shape and general layout. I'd probably build it out of wood if I went this route. Still hoping to find a piece of furniture to repurpose. An open cage or free range is not an option for us.

If you won't be having the rabbit free roam and will only have bunny out an hour a day (if that is what is realistic), then I recommend a cage floor of about 30 square feet. They need room to binky and hop.

This may sound too large to do, but I'll attach some photos later today when I get to my main computer. I think there are other options you'll like.

Just to clarify, I wasn't planning on buying this exact cage. The specs of the cage say it's 38" by 38" by 61" I just liked the shape and general layout. I'd probably build it out of wood if I went this route. Still hoping to find a piece of furniture to repurpose. An open cage or free range is not an option for us.
I saw something like what you posted I liked the idea of using free corner, performance however wasn't great imo, and I agree with what other people said here, they would need more room for their binkies. Like the second photo posted by Blue eyes white corner unit, btw second level there would look good too.

Latest posts

Back