This looks exactly like my bunny Beans

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ilovetegocalderon

Reaction score
hrygqq.jpg

This is EXACTLY what my rabbit Beans looks like - what breed is this?

I was going to say Netherland too.

Netherland = Netherland dwarf....they mean the same thing!

Peg

nose_twitch wrote:
Pebbles is a Netherland dwarf too, right? I freaking love that rabbit.

:hearts
Pebbles is at the TOP of my bunny-nap list. Unfortunately, Tiny won't let me bunnynap anyone......neither will Art.

Oh well...

At least I can look at pictures?

Peg

Sorry about the netherland, netherland dwarf question. im pretty bad when it comes to breeds of bunnies. but wait, now i have a problem. now that i see the face, beans does not have the same face. her whole body is the exact same as pet_bunny's BUT the face does NOT look at all like Beans. Beans hasa longer face, like a mini-rex. long nose - but she has the same hair as the rabbit in the photo - not plus like a mini rex. plus, she is bigger than Rice, who is a Netherland dwarf - could she be a mix?

She could be a mix, or she might just not have the dwarf gene. 25-50% of purebred Netherland dwarfs (and dwarf hotots, holland lops, etc) do not have the dwarf gene, depending on their parents. They will be larger and have a longer face. I have two dwarf hotot sisters- Sprite has the dwarf gene and is about 2.5 pounds with a round little face. Fey does not have the dwarf gene and is about 3.5 pounds with a longer, more "normal" rabbit face and a heavier bone structure.

ilovetegocalderon wrote:
Yes! She looks like the britannia petite.

VIC.jpg

Britannia Petite:
Showroom Weight -Senior Bucks & Does (6mos and over): Maximum 2 [suP]1[/suP]/[suB]2[/suB] pounds.
More information can be found on the Breed's Club Website: http://hop.to/abprs

If you wanted a judge's opinion of her breed &/or showability, or just to compare with other rabbits - there's a show on April 1[suP]st[/suP] in Beth Page, NY.

Latest posts

Back