This is rabbits friend mini

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I PM'd you earlier, lol... saw some pics of her from other angles that you'd uploaded... she and our Alice could be body doubles!

I PM'd you earlier, lol... saw some pics of her from other angles that you'd uploaded... she and our Alice could be body doubles!
Sorry I only just saw them but your right what breed is your because mine was meant to be a mini lop but certainly is not!

Alice is a Holland Lop, though she's a false dwarf (meaning a dwarf breed but without the dwarf gene) and weighs around 4.5 lbs.

Ah mini does not weigh that much yet I think 1.6 kg I think but she is young still x x

Very cute! She may have the dwarf gene unless she's under 4 months. I found that after 4 months they don't gain much more weight and just fill out. My Holland Lop is a true dwarf (3.5 pounds tops despite always looking bigger than that).

The nurse at the vets said she could be a mix Holland lop but it’s strange that her markings are so similar to Alice for her to be a mix breed I feel like a mix would b more random with there looks .

Well, the coloring isn't tied to breed - the coloring that your lop and my Alice share is called "broken black". My avatar pic is a "broken black tort" (also a Holland Lop, our beloved Gazzles, who passed in 2014). Broken simply means that instead of being a solid color, you get patches of that color and patches of white. Our beloved Layne, who passed last January, is a completely different breed but had similar markings to Alice:

DSC04805.JPG

That said, your lop does look very "Hollandish" to me... though I'm hardly an expert on the breed and can't tell you the exact differences between a holland and a mini lop other than weight. Alice is supposedly a purebred Holland and like our first Holland (who I actually got from a breeder and saw first-hand the parents of) is a false dwarf and weighs nearly 4.5 lbs.

Ah I see in the UK a mini lop is meant to be tiny... in America a mini lop is not the same breed. So I think my mini is what you call mini but I guess it doesn't matter too much she is adorable whatever we name. Just a little larger than expected lol especially as I was looking for a pal for a Netherland dwarf!

Ohh, duh! Sorry >< The European Mini Lop is the exact same breed as the American Holland Lop. If I remember correctly, what we call a Mini Lop in the US is a dwarf lop in the UK? Not 100% sure on that, though. The breed name "Holland Lop" is exclusive to the US because we like to do things differently than the entire rest of the world for no good reason in a way that makes it all more complicated than necessary (*cough* metric system is superior *cough*).

The nurse at the vets said she could be a mix Holland lop but it’s strange that her markings are so similar to Alice for her to be a mix breed I feel like a mix would b more random with there looks .

I'm not sure I'd trust the nurse at your vet's, considering that Holland lops don't even exist in England! By the way, that marking pattern (called broken or butterfly) is very very common between breeds, so it's not something you can go off of to determine breed. As for what breed your rabbit is - I can't say for sure. It could just be a mini lop that didn't get the dwarf gene. Maybe it's a dwarf lop.

When holland lops were created, the US already had our mini lops. Hollands lops were originally called 'netherland dwarf lop' but that name was changed to holland lop in the US.

Latest posts

Back