This is exhausting but totally worth it.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littl3red

Ashtin - Member
Reaction score
I'm taking a break from renovating the NIC cage right now. I'm sweating, bleeding, and there might be tears soon too. Gah. Why did I use so gosh darned many zip ties? :imstupid I'm about halfway done with DE-construction but hopefully putting it back together won't take as long because all I need to do is move the level up half a grid and put the roof back on. Oh, and put a divider down the middle again, but I'm definitely doing that differently than last time. It was a PAIN to take apart last time I did it, I was pretty much miserable.

Maya is freaking out, she sees that I'm taking her house apart and messing up the room but she doesn't understand that I'll put it all back, so she keeps hopping around and stomping like "MAMMA. WHAT ARE YOU DOING?! STOP!!!" She probably looks like she's bossing me around and telling me how to build it if you saw us. Well, I guess I need to stop procrastinating and finish this. :construction

Good luck with it. You only need 2 zip ties per side. I have seen where people put a zip tie every other mini square. That must cost SOOO much more, be a MUCH bigger pain and take SOOO much longer to do.

Oh I can imagine Maya freaking out. They definitely have an opinion on their house. :) Good for you redoing it. Show us pictures when you are done!

I just finished, but it's past my bedtime, I'm exhausted, I'm bleeding everywhere and my room looks really, really terrible, so I'll post pictures of the cage tomorrow. Good night! :bed:

Aw I totally understand the whole NIC reno thing. :(
When we moved to this apartment I deconstructed her closet condo the night before we moved and she was freaking out! lol Now I don't know what to do if I took this one down. It's her largest condo yet.

What does everyone do about the cut edges of the zip ties!? I used 4+ on each square to make it strong because I have a naughty cat and everytime I get close to that thing it scratches me!

Cannot wait to see the pics :)

I do not cut the zip ties. I did a bit of testing and found that when they were cut they were sharper, more pointy, more painful and all around worse than when they were left as is. Shiny Things will trim the zip ties that bug her (just 2 bites and it is off). She trims them WAY closer than I would be able to. She does not eat any of it. She also only does the ones really close to the floor of the cage that are at eye level. Also I only use 2 zip ties per side and find it VERY sturdy. I have a cat and 2 dogs that want my rabbits and they can not get in.

omg thank you so much!! If I ever need to build another condo, I will not cut them. Acacia is good for chewing but not ingesting. And I think this week I will melt the ends on the squares that are scraping my arms!

Latest posts

Back