Thinning rabbit

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tweetiepy

Reaction score
Peaches and Popcorn have been getting a lot more freedom lately. I used to let them out for about an hour at a time and put a timer on so I wouldn't forget to shut their cages. I know they can jump over the NIC grid "fence" but they don't seem to want to - which is good. Lately I've been leaving their cages open longer, much longer. Sometimes all day and sometimes all night. They each have their cage & their separate run area (cuz Popcorn is a meany and doesn't want Peaches as a friend.) Their area is maybe 6 feet x 10 feetincluding their cage so there,s more room to run. Peaches used to be a big fatty, I couldn't feel any of his bones and his bum was always a little poopy cuz he couldn,t clean himself very well cuz he was chunky.

He,s not easy to hold or pet and usually I can pet his face & head so I didn't get to touch his body much and lately I can feel his ribs - there's still plenty of meat over them and he,s not just skin & bones but it's nice to see him shaping up. He still eats all his pellets & hay and drinks plenty. I think it's that he has more running room to binky & let loose.

As for Popcorn, I can't really touch him but he looks about the same. I shouldn't worry right?

I wouldn't worry. You are giving them exercise which is the best thing for a rabbit.

Sounds like a really nice set up you have for both your bunnies. And you are getting chunky rabbits back to a good healthy weight.

Hope you can get close to them soon.

K :)

Latest posts

Back