Thinking of getting another rabbit..

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all! I have two rabbits right now, a male and a female, and they are strongly bonded. They have their own bedroom with lots of tunnels and hide spaces. I was thinking about rescuing another female rabbit and putting her with them. I was wondering how they would feel having another female around. Would my current female feel jealous or get territorial? I don’t think my male would care either way but I don’t want to do anything that would upset my female in any way. Please let me know what you guys think!

Attachments

• 16CEB4ED-34AE-473C-BB9D-D43ED742DAE0.jpeg
    16CEB4ED-34AE-473C-BB9D-D43ED742DAE0.jpeg
    213.4 KB · Views: 6
Your pair is strongly bonded, i would not risk it with bringing another rescue to them. You would have to rebond with all three and if it falis, there's no guarantee that the pair will bond again. I would leat them merrily keep their pairimg and not introduce another one to the mix.
Unless you want to keep the new rescue separate from the bonded pair.

The introductions of a 3rd rabbit to an existing pair always comes with the risk that it will break up the original bond. How close the original two are doesn't seem to make any difference. In fact, even the presence of a third rabbit in the home can upset an existing bond -- unless, perhaps, if the 3rd rabbit is kept far, far away, as in on another floor or as far away as possible.

Latest posts

Back