Thinking about a new bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gentle giants wrote:
Huh? How do you get the wool out of them, then? What is a blower? :shock:

A heavy duty blower is for grooming the coats. It separates the fibers without stripping out the coat.

Wool is harvested by plucking or shearing. My son Ryan and I used to shear English Angoras for their wool. We were pretty quick. I had fun trying to see if I could shear the entire coat off in one piece, but Ryan was the master. :)I'm allergic to the angoras, so grooming is not one of my favorite activities :(

Hereare somearticles on harvesting the wool:

http://narbc.tripod.com/harvest.htm

http://homepage.sunrise.ch/homepage/pglaus/wollgewie.htm

Grooming:

http://home.pacbell.net/bettychu/grooming.html

Pam

Matthew & his black English Angora buck "Funny Bunny"

MattFB.jpg

Something about angoras, every time I see one I have to laugh! It's hard to tell if they are rabbits sometimes! They are also adorable out of words hehe.Can't imagine the time you would need to spend grooming! :D

Spring wrote:
Something about angoras, every time I see one I have to laugh! It's hard to tell if they are rabbits sometimes! They are also adorable out of words hehe.Can't imagine the time you would need to spend grooming! :D
Every time Scott sees one he makes some comment about attaching a long handle to mop the floor. :X (Not that he actually would -he's a big mush when it comes to the bunnies.)

BunnyMom wrote:
Every time Scott sees one he makes some comment about attaching a long handle to mop the floor. :X

:laugh:

BunnyMom wrote:
Every time Scott sees one he makes some comment about attaching a long handle to mop the floor. :X (Not that he actually would - he's a big mush when it comes to the bunnies.)
Hee hee. Kevin's the same way. He yells, "RabbitStew tonight" all the time, then I catch him sneaking Craisins to them and baby-talking to them when he thinks no one is looking.

Laura

That's funny, Laura! Why are some men such closet bunny-cuddlers?

I just went on the HRS website of bunnies up for adoption and guess what - they have a bunny that looks EXACTLY like Poco! And her name is Ginger (Scott's sister's rabbit's name). She's in Albany, which is not that far from me. And she's already spayed.

:ponder:

BunnyMom wrote:
Ijust went on the HRS website of bunnies up for adoption and guess what- they have a bunny that looks EXACTLY like Poco! And hername is Ginger (Scott's sister's rabbit's name). She's inAlbany, which is not that far from me. And she's alreadyspayed.
That is truly meant to be! What are you waiting for?!

:D

Scott insists that we have to get Skittles spayed first, which is true. She's been a spray monster lately and bringing another bun in the house won't make it any better. Normally I make decisions like this based 80% one motion and 20% on practicality. He's asked me to go more 50/50 this time. ("Of course if I thought that way, honey, you wouldn't be here!");)

BunnyMom wrote:
That's funny, Laura! Why are some men such closet bunny-cuddlers?

It's so true! Neil always said he would ONLY ever have a dog.Then the other morning, I wake up and he has Misty in the bed with us cuddling her. What silly men.

Nadia

pamnock,i just wanted to say,i lovvvvve this picture of your son with the english angora:).they are two good looking boys in one picture,simply priceless:)

guys are such strange creatures,and they say that women are strange hmmmmm...

my 15 year old son anthony loves the buns,he gets down on the floor with them, he plays with them he even kisses them on top of their heads,but when his mates are around,he tells them he don't like the bunnies, hmmmm okkkkkk.

but i'm always there saying,ohhhhhh but i have proof,i have soooooooo many pics of him snuggling with the buns;)i think it is just a male macho image that they have to keep up with
MattFB.jpg

Latest posts

Back