Thing on bottom of foot

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miverson

Reaction score
So I just say this. I don't look at the bottom of my buns feet very often.
It looks like a wart. It is sticking out almost right above where her nail would be underneath the skin. She isn't limping and walks on it just fine.

Any ideas? Let me know if I can clarify anything for you.

Also she was just spayed 2 weeks ago and they clipped her nails for the first time then. She is a 6 month old mini rex.

Does she not have one on each of her other toes? I'm not sure what the technical name is as something I read said that rabbits don't have footpads but they seem like digital pads to me, but my rabbits have them too, one on each toe.

Rex rabbits have relatively thin fur on their feet. This appears to be the toe where fur has been rubbed off. If her nails were a little too long, it may have caused more friction/pressure on this point of the toe and loss of fur.

Keep the nails trimmed and avoid abrasive surfaces.

Your vet may want to prescribe ointment for the area.

If the skin looks healthy- no cracks or scabbing, it most likely isn't painful.

If there is scabbing or an open wound, then it is serious and can lead to infection of the bone of the foot. Pododermatitis, aka sore hocks, can affect any foot surface, not just the hock area.

Check this thread for more information :

http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=11953&forum_id=10

You may need to trim her nails more often as well. Like Djakarta said, Rex and Mini Rex have very sensitive feet, and in my experience for some reason their nails grow faster than most breeds as well. I trim my rabbits nails about every six weeks.

Latest posts

Back