Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elentari

Reaction score
So I noticed this thing in Mabs eye late last night and I couldn't tell if was a hair or maybe the start of a cataract; but does this look familiar to anybody? I put an eyedrop in her eye but so far I can't tell if anything has happened because whatever is in her eye seems to move..
Hopefully it's just a hair and the eyedrop did it's job but I have called the vet and left a message so hopefully I get an appointment tomorrow.

Here's what I'm talking about.

IMG_6260.jpgIMG_6261.jpg

Almost looks like a bubble on the surface of the eye. Could she have gotten a gel or thick liquid in her eye from something? Do your rabbits eyes normally look opaque and bluish like that, or is that just from the flash from taking pics?

It's almost like a contact lens in the eye. The way it's circular like one. Could it be hair?
Almost looks like a bubble on the surface of the eye. Could she have gotten a gel or thick liquid in her eye from something? Do your rabbits eyes normally look opaque and bluish like that, or is that just from the flash from taking pics?

Turns out it was just hair, but it got caught in the mucus-y bits from her eye and just couldn't make it into the corner. The vet was able to get it out no problem and her eye is perfectly fine.

Latest posts

Back