They ate a chocolate protein bar!!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MiniLopHop

Reaction score
So, either Panda or Sophie got into my purse sometime last night and ate a chocolate protein bar! I'm not sure which one did it but I'm positive it is one of the two chow hounds. I found the wrapper on the floor (my purse was on the table).

They are both eating and drinking just fine and enthusiastic about breakfast. Can I do anything? As long as they keep scarfing is there anything I should do?

Obviously I will be finding a higher place to put my purse from now on.

ok, the vet opened and I called. Since I am not positive who ate it or quite possibly shared it, then we are in wait and see mode. Everybun is eating like nothing happened and drinking fine. There's only 2g sugar in the whole thing so it hopefully shouldn't be a huge deal. It's a lot of protein but shouldn't hurt since it is a one time thing. I'm still worried but less than before I talked to the vet.

I was more concerned with the chocolate than the sugar, since I know it can kill some animals... a little extra sugar's not a big deal at all.

I will say, though, that as a young child I used to eat fudge popsicles in front of the rabbit cage and whenever my parents weren't looking, I'd share with him. nothing bad ever happened. wouldn't do it again now that I know better, but it's potentially great news for whichever naughty bunn ate the protein bar.

Luckily the chocolate was a coating and not a solid chocolate bar, so there wasn't a whole lot of it. Chocolate is more than 1/2 way down the list of ingredients.

Naughty, naughty buns! They know they are super cute and I can't stay mad at them.

mine were naughty today too - I was gone for < 60 seconds 'cause I forgot their cilantro and they ripped open a sleeve of crackers and started nibbling on them because they couldn't be bothered to wait for the veggies.

LOL That is so something Panda would do!

His first week at our house showed me we had to up the bunny proofing. He got into the snack cubbard, took what he wanted, and hid it in his burrow to snack at his leisure. My husband thought I was cheating on my diet and I had no idea what was in the snack cubbard. I found an empty potatochip bag, pretzel bag, and wheat thins box in the burrow when I cleaned! We now have baby locks but no baby! LOL

He will also get into my underwear drawer (pulls it open with his teeth) and pull out the lavender sachet. He brings it to me and sits on my feet, daintily nibbling the corner. I take it away because it might have chemicals, but I give him the lavender, chamomile, fennel tea that is bun safe. He's too smart for his own good!

what a pair of brats you have. lol At least it was not top of the line chocolate like Fraggles. They are smarter than you think, steal a healthy snack no less. Hmmm a much higher shelf for your purse should make things safer or Panda may figure out how to order take out on your credit card. Be sure to put all the stools away.

yeah, but even if he ordered it, he doesn't have the opposable thumbs necessary to open the front door for the delivery person.

Latest posts

Back