Then there were 7

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Korr_and_Sophie

Reaction score
I brought home 2 new rabbits today.
I have been thinking about getting another rabbit for a couple months now and there were some possibilities, but they didn't work out for one reason or another. Last Friday a breeder friend posted on Facebook that she had a bonded pair (male and female, fixed) that were being returned to her. I thought it over for a few minutes and decided I wanted them. It took a couple days to discuss stuff and she had to actually get the rabbits from the previous owners.
To prepare for them, I totally rearranged the whole front room of the house. It use to have the dining room table and china cabinet in the front near the bay window and the bunnies were toward the back. I thought it would be nice to have the bunnies near the window. It took several hours and lots of work (by myself I might add), I had to all the way I wanted it. I also build most of the new cage (needed a few supplies to finish that I got and then finished the cage).
So today I meet with the breed as there is a show here this weekend and she lives a few hours away. They are a bit scared, but seem to be settling in well so far.
So without further ado,I present Gizmo (formally Waffles) and Nala (may or may no stay as that). Gizmo is the white one and Nala the dark brown one.

Gizmo
540542_10150875848567174_571952173_11715575_2040954145_n.jpg

Nala
574829_10150875848932174_571952173_11715578_1052813343_n.jpg

Both of them
75276_10150875849082174_571952173_11715580_835567457_n.jpg

Awe they are adorable! :biggrin2: Don't feel bad, I am IN LOVE with bunnies and I have been day dreaming about owning another pair. In the future I shall ;)

I think crazy bunny lady is more frame of mind than a number, so relax.... you were already a crazy bunny lady! :p

They are super cute and lucky to have you!

Join the crazy club. I just added my ninth rabbit Eddie. Eddie is a Lionhead/New Zealand mix that I fostered for six months. I decided to add him to the bunch because he is a great pet visitor (therapy) rabbit. No more for me. I am already over my limit.

Your rabbits are cute by the way.

Thanks everyone!
I should also add that Gizmo has a bit more of a story. He has been mostly hand raised by the breeder I got Lillian from. He had been named (temporally) Gizmo at the time. Once he was old enough, he went off to his new home. I guess the new home had named him Waffles. I think he looks more like a Gizmo anyway (and I am not having a rabbit named Waffles around here, especially on the hopping course).
Nala has pretty interesting fur. On her body is almost looks like rex fur, but not quite. She doesn't have rex in her that I know of. Her mane is curly as well. Apparently when she moults, it is like crop circles. I am thinking of changing her name to Vala (10 points if you know where that is from).
Both are about 2 years old (born March 2010, I don't have exact dates yet)

Latest posts

Back