The Trio Of Trouble

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MyBabyBunnies

Reaction score
Ok, I know I posted a picture thread for Kiara,but I neglected my other 2. :shock:So I'm opening a threadfor ALL of the Trio of Trouble -- Mocha (Terror), Spice (Trouble),&Kiara (Trouble on Training Wheels). ;)

The only one of Spice that turned out: I love how his eyesare so big, round and black, it makes him so lovable and cute!

spiceboy1.jpg

My Mocha-man:

mochaboy3.jpg

mochaboy2.jpg

mochaboy1.jpg

Baby of the family, Kiara:

kiara1.jpg

kiara2.jpg

kiara3.jpg

kiara4.jpg

:inlove:

Trio of Trouble? I don't think so, how about Trio of Total-sweetness.

On camera maybe! But in real life they are trouble! Kiara even chewed on my finger today! :shock:

This is my new hutch that we finally finished.We've built all 3 of my hutches now but I like this one the bestbecause it has no dead spots where I can't get at the bunny. We startedon it in June but because of my dad's accident this spring and the factthat we are building a new house, we have gone very slowly. We workedon it for 3 days (no more than 2 hours a day because of my dad beingtired and having to rest) and I spent another 2 days painting.

hutch4.jpg

hutch3.jpg

hutch2.jpg

d24eacb6.jpg

This is my other hutch which is a double. It's 8' by 2' and divided in the middle.

cageoutside.jpg

cleancageinside.jpg

I get to play muscial cages today if it gets warm enough to clean thehutches. Currently Kiara is in the new hutch, Mocha is in the left handside of the double hutch (when looking at the picture), and Spice is inthe right hand side of the hutch. Because I want to bond Mocha andKiara, they are going to be housed in the double hutch. Kiara is goinginto the left hand side and Mocha is goign into the right hand side. Iswitched sides on Mocha because I put a screen divider on the otherside of the wire to keep the baby safe but I'm worried that if Mochagets mad enough, he may tare the screen to shreds (it's a metal meshscreen but still). So that leaves Spice to go into the new hutch alone.

That's only how it is for this winter. After I get Kiara spayed, Mochaand Kiara will spend the summer in the big hutch (divider removed) andSpice will live in the new hutch but for the winter when they arebonded, Kiara and Mocha will live in the new hutch because the enclosedbox is the only one that can accomodate both and Spice will get thewhole big hutch to himself.

P.S.- The new hutch is 5' by 2.5' and isn't completely done so don'tworry that the enclosed part doesn't look very good, we still have toadd the winter floor on the wire, and the insulation and inner layer ofwood to the walls.

excuse the lack of capitilization, my shift keyis broken. look at those beautiful bunnies! kiara is so adorable andspice and mocha are handsome as usual. the new hutch looks great. whatkind of flooring do you use in the winter. fergi and sam are now in anoutdoor hutch but i was thinking of bringing them into the basement forthe winter since it gets so cold in minnesota but you are in canada andi know it is cold there. how do you prepare them for the winter. do youbring them in if it gets really cold or cover the hutch with anything.

fergi's mama

My boys were born outside in the Spring and havenever been inside for any long period of time. Spice was in one nightwhen I found blood in his cage and Mocha was in for 2 nights when Irepainted the big hutch but that's it.

The open wire part just gets pieces of wood layed on top to protecttheir feet (the ones in the new hutch are just temporary right nowuntil we get some cut to fit).

The enclosed part will be getting insulated walls (1.5" styrofoam) andthen another layer of plywood to protect the styrofoam. We are going tomake a floor that is styrofoam on the bottom and plywood on top thatwill stay in all winter. I wanted wire under because it allows fordrainage even in the winter. The floor is removable because it will rotin a years time otherwise and it's a lot easier to have a removablefloor that can be easily replaced than a solid bottomed hutch which maynot be able to be replaced. We will be adding a piece of styrofoam andplywood ceiling in the enclosed part just to add some more insulation.Then the rest is filled with straw which they burry into.

It gets below -40 here on occasion but normally it gets to about-30*C/-22*F to -40 in January but as long as the hutches are dry andsheltered, the rabbit should be perfectly fine. Me and my dad bringthem into the garage when it gets below -30*C/-22*F but I really don'tlike having them in there because Spice stresses out and theydont get natural light.

For my big hutch we have insulated boxes that we just set in and it worked good last year.

More pictures!

The boys aren't that interesting to take pictures of so there are moreof Kiara because she actually changes position every once in a while. ;)

Spice:

August203.jpg

August2015.jpg

August2014.jpg

August2013.jpg

August2012.jpg

Mocha:

August201.jpg

August202.jpg

Kiara:

Sleepy baby
August20.jpg

August204.jpg

Can you see her tongue in the next 2 pictures?
August207.jpg

August208.jpg

August209.jpg

August2010.jpg

Look at that belly!
August2011.jpg

Ahh this is the life...sleeping in the sun.

August203.jpg

Mom, can't you see I'm relaxing here.

August201.jpg

Mommy, I know the boys don't like when you have the camera, but I love you even with that annoying thing.
August207.jpg

Tina

:laugh:EXACTLY!

Actually Mocha's pretty mad at mommy today. I did a cage swap and hegot pretty mad when he was on the opposite side of the big hutch andKiara was in his old side. He attacked the wire a few times. :disgust:

My rabbit has you all brain washed! :p

Then what was the sudden feeling of teeth sinking into flesh when Isprayed him once for attackign Kiara, eh? I suppose it was a mosquito.:p

The trio of trouble looks like a batch of adorable buns to me!

:inlove:

I just love the way Kiara's ear are. Ekk! I could play with them all day long

-Katy

It's already so hot today and since it's been socold for the last week, the heat is really hitting Kiara so I decidedto give her a bath to allow her to keep cool. There was no breeze wherethe hutches are so I just left her a little damp to keep cool.

bath.jpg

bath2.jpg

bath3.jpg

bath4.jpg

bath6.jpg

This is what I got for giving her a bath... "I can't hear you!"

bath5.jpg

She just melts my heart and everyone else that sees her thinks she's adorable!

Although she has bit me a few times, :XI still can't help but love her.

Here are some more that I took later in the day.Kiara was so hot, the poor baby!

Trio2.jpg

Trio3.jpg

Trio5.jpg

Trio6.jpg

Trio1.jpg

Trio.jpg

Im not sure how the heck I missed this thread ,???

I love the Hutch , only haveone tiny issue with it , thatis its too close to the Propane tank , Ifthe tank ever decides toleak ! :shock:

Those Guys are soooooo cute ,and look at Kiara total cutness! I think I could play with those earsall day long.

Latest posts

Back