The Tobester

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Toby is such a cute one!

I think Toby on one guinea pig website somewhere. Can't remember which one, it was selling something. (Descriptive, I know.)

Toby is one of the cutest bunnies! For some reason I always want to spell his name Tobey. We need more pictures :D

Toby was on a guinea pig site?? That's odd! I don't think I ever took pictures of him with the guinea pigs my roommate used to have!

Anyways I'm planning on getting more pictures up here soon, I've been extremely busy with university. I actually wound up in the hospital a couple of weeks ago for kidney stones, so I've been tied up health wise, and then catching up with school.

In the mean time I have a couple pictures :)

While I was sick at home my mom was entertaining Toby. Here's a picture I snapped of her with him while I was bed ridden. He really does love her.
398414_10150693945307363_506927362_11463169_627903260_n.jpg

Here's my grouchy, shedding boy before I got sick.
IMG_0575.jpg

Shedding Butt.
IMG_0574.jpg

Here's my IV picture from the hospital :p My saline bag was almost empty hence the blood in the IV. I was actually in the waiting room in Emergency from 11am until past 5pm. One of the longest and most painful days of my life.
394142_10150693947327363_506927362_11463171_103045067_n.jpg

And a picture from last night of my snuggle bunny. He's my world right now <3
426989_10150724076392363_506927362_11578189_852623301_n.jpg

PS thank you guys so much for caring and keeping a watch on Toby's blog. In times like these it means so very much to me. I've been having a rather rough time with school and getting sick and other issues... knowing that you guys are interested in Toby's health and happiness is actually really helpful. You all are so amazing. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. <3

Edit again... it may seem silly that the fact that people read this and care about my boy matter, but it's true. Knowing that he brings joy to myself and others is a wonderful thing, those who are close to me rarely understand my love for Toby as he is "just a rabbit". Again, I thank you all for taking an interest in both Toby's and my life. It truly does mean a lot to me. The people and rabbits that I have met on this forum have really proven to be great inspiration and help to me in the past few months. And so I thank you again, newcomers and those who have been here for years... thank you.

I'm sorry to hear about your kidney stones and hope you are on the road to recovery now. I've heard horror stories about the pain involved in passing kidney stones. They are sooooo painful.

Tobey is a sweetheart. How can we NOT follow your blog. My husband wants to steal him. He just has that look. So precious. And the eyes give it all away.

So glad your "Snuggle Bunny" is again your "Snuggle Bunny". They just have a way of making you feel so much better. And vice a versa.

K :)

Alright, huge photo update as well as some stories.

Thanks for the support Karen :) Kidney stones are extremely painful, I'm 22 and have had them twice already. I've been going through lots of testing lately to find out why I'm getting them, no idea yet.

Firstly here's an updated picture of his condo, I swapped the upper and middle levels so that the lower level wasn't quite as dark, although maybe he liked that about it :p
2012-03-29110608.jpg

I posted a while back about a couple of litter boxes, asking if anyone had tried to use them for their bunnies. I ended up getting one because I loved the aesthetics of it, and luckily for me Toby loves it! I actually love it even more than I thought I would, because I get literally next to NO HAY MESS!! The hay gets put into the Booda Dome, and because it's a hole opening, it doesn't get out. I love it.
Here's a hay shot sans rabbit.
IMG_0627.jpg

Shot including rabbit.
IMG_0619.jpg

And a dismount! :p
IMG_0621.jpg

Saying hello
IMG_0623.jpg

I really wish this picture wasn't so dark... I think it could have been really cute :)
IMG_0639.jpg

What a grumpy butt.
IMG_0644.jpg

Picture break for story time.

My roommates almost two year old panther chameleon just passed away. He was on antibiotics and some other medicine (not sure what it was called) to try to hydrate him. He was constantly dehydrated and nobody knew why, including the vet :( Poor boy. RIP Quasi.

I've had Toby for nearly a year now (April 3rd is his gotcha day :)) and I'm still learning with him every day. I recently had another first... I think. Here's the story.

Toby's "run around time" is usually from 9 or 10pm to anywhere from 1 to 4am. During this time, I'm obviously in bed, and Toby will often jump up on the bed and snuggle into my chest as I pet his head. I so wish I had gotten a video of this, but I didn't want to startle him so I'll have to just explain it. He was snuggled into my chest from the side, his paws on the side of my armpit and my left arm wrapped around his body. My right hand was petting his head and forehead really lightly and I was planting little kisses on his cheek now and then. The eye that I could see was soo tiny, but that usually happens when I'm petting him. His nose was still twitching, but really really slowly and sometimes with long gaps in between. I started to wonder... Is he falling asleep? I heard a sound. It was very faint and so I muted my TV for a moment to see if I could hear it again. There it was! It was coming from Toby. He was, as far as I could tell, SNORING! ON ME! It was a faint soft odd honking sound, in time with his breathing. Periodically, he would kind of sigh and sit upright with wide eyes, which I assume was him waking up and being like "What the heck, where am I? Oh.. pettings.. Mmmm zzzzzz"

If that was too long and you didn't read, essentially, "For the first time ever, Toby fell asleep while cuddling and actually started snoring."

More pictures ;)
2012-03-29100349.jpg

2012-03-29100405.jpg

It's pictures like this that make me think my boy really has put on weight from his neuter :shock:, but don't tell him that! I should probably weigh him soon.
2012-03-29100526.jpg

Oh, those face pettings. When they flatten out like this, you know you're doing something right eh?
2012-03-22015602.jpg

Lol, his face in this picture cracks me up.
2012-03-22015707.jpg

And lastly, a big stretch for a dried blueberry!
2012-03-17144859-1.jpg

Oh! And I got a new phone with a much better camera, so camera pictures won't be as terrible anymore :)

Hope those tests find the cause of kidney stones. No one should have to go through that much pain. Wishing you all the luck!

Love the new litter box. Thanks for posting it. Maybe others will be able to see and try it out who have Nic units like you have. Unfortunately can't because crates a bit too small. Truly wish I found this site before, those Nic units are nice and Tobias is really planned well. Plus you can rearrange it. But, I stick with what I have, it works for me.

Tobias is such a beautiful boy. Love the new pics with your phone. And isn't it always the way, the one you really like doesn't come out. It is a good pic of the two of you. Maybe with the new camera phone, you can catch another like it.

Love the "snoring" bunny story. You truly have a special relationship with your boy if you can have a bunny so comfortable he snores. Congratulations!

K:)

Some pictures of the cutest bunny in the world (I may be biased...)

525623_10150965715317363_760536637_n.jpg

283723_10151033090947363_640582943_n.jpg

His girlfriend, the Rhino.

And he's still the best thing to have ever happened to me. <3 I'll make a real update with more picture and more info about me soon.

Gosh I'm awful at updating. My internet has been on the fritz, and its summer time so I've been working 6-7 days a week on top of trying to maintain some kind of social life. I don't really have many pictures, but Toby is doing well as always.

One of my roommates moved out, so I moved into her room which is the master bedroom. Although its a bigger room, its a weird shape so I had to downsize Toby's condo quite a lot. The trade off is that when he's out he has TONS more room to run. His condo used to be 3x3x2 (3 high and long and 2 wide with 3 levels) which was, let's be honest here, a little excessive for one rabbit who weighs under 4lbs. His condo is now 2x2 with a 3 panel second level. I do feel badly about it but I remind myself that he is out for upwards of 7 hours a day and is usually sleeping when he's in the condo. I've seen more binkies in the last week than I have in months. :) he's actually ripping around as I type!

I've been having a great summer actually despite working 50 hour weeks (in a retail job too!!). I'm reconnecting with old friends and making some really great new ones. I'm actually looking forward to going back to school, I only have 3 semesters left until I finish my Bachelors degree. I'll be picking up a few shifts a week during the school year to help finance my university bills.

I do have one Toby story for you all (Shiloh if you're reading this you already know it from Reddit :p).

Toby is usually out overnight from about 10pm to 6-8am and again during the day for an hour or two when I can manage it. You may also know from earlier in my blog that he likes to hop up in bed with me and cuddle and watch TV. Well, he decided that 5am was an opportune time to cuddle and woke me up. I couldn't even be upset with him... once you see the pictures you'll know why. I swear this little rabbit has that little cute face down to a science. At one point he even started to snooze with me. Ugh, such an adorable little monster!

eMRWih.jpg

pekkmh.jpg

UfOHGh.jpg

I got started reading pretty late, but gosh, is that adorable! You two really seem to love each other. :) I look forward to hearing more.

Thanks guys :) He's the greatest.

I'm not entirely sure yet. Once I graduate I'll have a Bachelor of Commerce with a Management major. I used to think that I would work for a little and get my MBA or a law degree, but lately I've been hearing some bad things about MBAs and how "worth it" they really are. My most recent plan is to do Human Resources (either a two year after degree diploma, or a second degree). I'm a people person and think I could really do well in that field and enjoy it. We shall see!

I just have one picture right now until I can get the others transferred over. Toby is such a snuggle monster... Here's a bunny kisses picture :)

581035_10151119367622363_282627486_n.jpg

Oh my goodness Toby is a doll!! Loved reading about him. I also have a snuggle bun. Agnes sounds alot like Toby. Aren't bunny smuggles the best??

Sorry to hear about your kidney stones earlier this year. My mom gets recurring ones all the time. I've had them once so I feel your pain, literally! They are horrible!! However, I still think giving birth is more painful ;) (some people compare the two..haha)

I will be watching for more Toby updates. I like seeing all the pics of him snuggling. It reminds me of Agnes!

Well I am just now getting to read the Toby blog and there was MUCH squealing over the insane amount of cuteness!!! I showed my husband the picture of him sitting up on your lap and he said he looked just like a stuffed animal! :hearts:

I've heard before that lops are really affectionate, and this guy is no exception. It's impossible to mad when that little fluff wakes you up, no matter how early (and I am not a morning person!).

P.S. I think we need another update ;) Have you started school back?

Thanks Lisa and Carrie :)

I'm back to school now, the first day was yesterday. I was surprised to see some pretty good friends in some of the classes which is great! Always easier to go to class when you know people there.

Toby turned two years old on the 3rd. I can't believe he's already two! He's about due for a check up (if I decide to do yearly checkups, I haven't decided yet). In April I'll have had him for 2 years. In a way it seems weird that I've only had him that long; in some ways it feels like I've always had him. On the other hand it kind of seems like a long time, it's kinda odd that's for sure.

Personal life-wise, it's my 23rd birthday next friday (the 14th), and I think I've almost been on RO for a full year. Time sure does fly. I've also started dating a new guy and I really see this one lasting and being something special; I'm pretty head over heels for him, it's kind of scary for me.

I've got new pictures but they're on my phone and I'm kinda lazy and sick and can't be bothered putting them up haha. I'll work on it soon, sorry!

Toby looks like a stuffed animal. Even as he's grown up, he hasn't outgrown that teddy bear look. He's so super cute. I love the little faces he makes!!

Latest posts

Back