The Three Musketeers

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aww Chris, Bandy is so cute binkying about the house. I love it when bunnies binky its so cute and unique, I mean how many other animals jump really high and do twists and other cool things in the air :).

I was also wondering do you have a favorite bun? I know you love all your buns but is there one you like a little more than the other two?

Awww I can't wait until your mom and sister get there! I bet you miss them so. I'm sure you guys are going to have a blast!
I'll have to watch the video in a bit, I'm off to wash dishes and then go to the farm store! haha.
The animals are aging me! LOLd

It's so nice to have family visiting! How long has it been since you've seen them?

My dad is actually coming back to Canada tomorrow and it's been since thanksgiving that I last saw him. It's such a nice change in pace!

Glad to hear you had all three out and yes you're right they get nippy when they've been penned for too long... all of that excess energy :p

Boy was Bandy having fun! That was a great popcorn hop he did. I just love to watch bunnies playing and having a good time :)

Awww how cute seeing bandy binky. I never get tired of seeing a bunny binky! :)

I didn't know your mom and sis were coming or is it just your sister? How great for a visit! Do they both live in London?

That's great your friend got the herbs for the buns. My two are coming along with herbs. Arch likes them more than Aggie but they eat parsley, cilantro and basil now. Still can't get them to eat dill or mint, haha. I do love the smell of fresh herbs. I'm growing parsley right one but she looks a little sad I don't think she's getting enough sun inside. Waiting for it to be nicer out and then maybe she'll flourish.

I just watched the video and OMG! Look how excited Bandy was! That first popcorn he did, over the run, I laughed out loud! haha. He's so cute!

Oh and I love your curtains!

Bandy´s always doing that. Hé loves jumping straight in the air and then dashing off. He always makes me giggle. He´s doing it now, I can see him flashing by and bouncing about. I really do need to get a decent video to capture all this. of all of them, he´s such a joyful binkier.

Michelle, haven´t seen my sister since the summer before last and my mom was over last September so am really looking forward to it. We always have a great time and I have two friend´s birthdays while they´re here so we´ll be partying.

My mom and sister live in the north of England in a city called Leeds, it´s actually really big, the metropolitan área has a population of nearly 2.5million people. It has an international airport as well so it´s really Handy for them.

Lisa, I adore the smell of fresh herbs, the basil is lovely and they love dill, which keeps very well, they have it every day. Had some cilantro and bought some parsley the other day as well. They also really like sage but it´s very difficult to get hold of. We´ll be going to Gibraltar when they visit so I´ll be getting some there.

Elise, forgot to answer your question...I´m not sure if I have a favourite, it probably changes every day depending on how they´re behaving. They are all so diffferent and couldn´t imagine having to chose one over the other. I do have a real soft spot for Houdini cos he´s so smart and never stops. He drives me nuts sometimes but he´s a real character. Then Snowy is such a cuddly little soul but I think he´s really a dominant little bun underneath. Well Bandy is everyone´s friend. He is such a scaredy cat but sometimes just sits and looks at you and I can´t resist that furry lamb chop face.

Yes, If I had more than one bunny I don't think I would be able to chose one over the other either. And they all have such different personalities, they are all unique and special.

Yippee my rabbit food arrived today, only took four days to get here from the UK, I am impressed. I´d also ordered a willow tube which said large on the site....ugh, think they meant large guinea pigs cos it´s too small for them to run through so I´ll just leave it for them to chew. So I´ve mixed some of it with the food I have cos I´m not throwing it out but they are so pleased to have their old food back again.

Houdini´s spent a good part of the day again under and around the TV unit...he is just so funny. Here are his antics:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Loy-W95y4zc[/ame]

Lol, that boy better be careful or he's going to get that big fluffy butt stuck under there :) They must like it so much cause it's kind of like a burrow and they get to pretend to be *real* bunnies, haha.

Okay Chris, getting all caught up with you and the boys too!

I cracked up about Houdini and the food bowl. Stuff like that from my rabbits, (usually Doc, but equally if not more from Dora when she was around), always really ticks me off, but then I just end up laughing inside at their little faces. They don't know how ridiculous they're being. I always tell them they're lucky they're so cute!

Oh man, all your pictures a few pages back! Is that a young Bandy in the second one? I love the look on his face, he reminds me of Doc there! I also love the shot of Snowy on the scale. Also, Snowy flops just like Doc. The video of Bandy binkying is great, at his first big jump I was surprised and made my standard rabbit-just-binkied squeal. :p I like how in the video you can sometimes anticipate where he is going and try and get the camera there first, I do the same things when I take videos of my buns. It's like, okay little guy, I know your circuit, I wiiiilll get a good video of you!

Jenny, I tell you they all wriggle under there and I am always holding my breath to see their little head or butt reappear, it is their absolute fascinating spot. Maybe it is that, it´s like their own little burrow lol.

Lyndy, yes that´s bandy a bit younger when he had less fur. Snowy is such a little softy, he´ll let you do most things, he wasn´t keen on the scale but waited for me to take him out. I tried the same thing with Houdini and he jumped out off the table and ran off, he´s such a little rascal and won´t sit still for anything.

Bandy binkies quite often, he´s the biggest of my buns but sure is fast so when he starts, it´s like trying to follow a lightning bolt. Some nights, he´ll race around the room and I just have to laugh out loud, it´s such a sight.

I'm glad your bunnies got the pellets, I bet they are so excited. I watched the video it was great, I agree with Jenny his big butt might not be able to fit soon, lol.

Hahah that tv unit is such a hoot with your buns! Maybe you should get on all fous and stick your head in there and maybe you'll finally understand the appeal ;) oh and make sure and post a video of that too! Hahahahha :)

Glad the bunny food arrived! And im sure the too small tunnel will be just fine as a chew toy. I've done that a few times too....got something I thought they could fit into and then it ended up too small.

Yes, I´ve been looking under there quite a few times but really don´t see the appeal but there must be something.

They are chewing the tunnel so I´m still I got it. My sister´s been getting some stuff in the UK for me, probiotics and styptic powder. I was talking to her so I´ll order the Oxbow papaya tablets when she goes back so she can take delivery and then send on to me. I am getting organised now. I just need to buy more simethicone and some metacam. I´m hoping I´ll never need to use any but better safe tan sorry.

I caught Bandy under the dining room table today and he was pulling on the cushion cover. I always thought he was such a good boy and when I looked, there is an enormous hole in the cover....the little devil. The funniest thing was he saw me look, stared a me for a minute and then went back to pulling it up again...they are so funny. Good job I´ve had these cushions for years so I´m not so bothered but he´s a sneaky little bun.

I think when they get caught doing that kind of stuff, they look up at us cause they want to see if they are in trouble or not, or they know they're in trouble and want to see if we are going to come stop their fun.

It's so good to have all that emergency stuff on hand. Just yesterday morning I went to feed, and Libby wouldn't take her lettuce leaf, wouldn't eat her pellets. She's usually standing up looking out the front of her cage, waiting for her lettuce and pellets like everyone else, so I knew she wasn't feeling well. Gave her a dose of metacam and simethicone, and a couple hours later she was munching on hay again. She didn't even have weird poops or anything, to tip me off. Just happened. I did reduce her pellets a little, but I figure she may have munched on something when I let her out to play the day before. But it's so important to have this stuff, for when this kind of thing happens.

I agree and especially here where it´s so much harder to get hold of stuff like that.

I have just been grooming Bandy and his hair gets everywhere, comes off him in clumps and he´s still got loads. Poor things just looks at me saying mom have you finished yet.ufff....He does not like it but will put up with it for a while.

Exhausted today, have been house cleaning getting ready for my family visiting and I have thrown so much stuff away, always a good chance to do a spring clean.

I haven´t cleaned the buns today, I´ll do it tomorrow as I want it to be nice and clean when they arrive. Still got the kitchen, living room and second bathroom to do....another busy day tomorrow, methinks.

it is nice though when it´s all done and everything looks so nice and fresh. I also cleaned the net curtains and the conditioner I used smells lovely.

Aww, Bandy with the cushion under the table sounds like Dora! I'd always catch her doing something she shouldn't be and clap and scold her. She'd stop, then as soon as I looked away from her, she'd go at it again. So crafty!

I think I noticed you use pellets in their litter boxes. I guess most people on here do, but I just remember all those photos of Bandy sitting on that storage container! Anyway, I just started using some myself instead of aspen shavings, and while they really control odor, they're kind of disgusting. Hahaha. Cleaning out the boxes looks like tons of mushed poo. And I usually clean out boxes every morning and re-layer at night, but the pellets don't create a new clean layer quite like the shavings did. I like having a clean layer so the buns' feet stay cleaner. I got a litter scooper the other day to see if I could scoop out at night, that kind of worked, but seems like it'll just make more work for me.

Aww, Bandy with the cushion under the table sounds like Dora! I'd always catch her doing something she shouldn't be and clap and scold her. She'd stop, then as soon as I looked away from her, she'd go at it again. So crafty!

I think I noticed you use pellets in their litter boxes. I guess most people on here do, but I just remember all those photos of Bandy sitting on that storage container! Anyway, I just started using some myself instead of aspen shavings, and while they really control odor, they're kind of disgusting. Hahaha. Cleaning out the boxes looks like tons of mushed poo. And I usually clean out boxes every morning and re-layer at night, but the pellets don't create a new clean layer quite like the shavings did. I like having a clean layer so the buns' feet stay cleaner. I got a litter scooper the other day to see if I could scoop out at night, that kind of worked, but seems like it'll just make more work for me.

Are you using the pelleted newspaper or pine?

Chris, you sound way busy getting ready for your family. I'm sure it will be really nice to see them again. Hopefully you'll have nice weather while they are there.

Latest posts

Back