The Three Musketeers

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20130316_221307_zps8b6d88d6.jpg

This is ripe for a caption contest.

"I'll get you for this, hooman"

Chris, they are adorable! I loved the pictures especially the one of Houdini's paws on his basket.

Hahaha Missy, that is a pretty good picture for a caption contest! I loved your caption too.

Here's mine: "Just you wait and see whats coming for you hooman.......Just you wait!"

Hey girls, those are so funny or.... this is mine hooman, just keep your paws off it...

Morgan, I took a few photos of him on the bed as it´s the first time he´d been in the bedroom. He was great cos he never peed on it and he just sat there and posed. I must post a couple of the others as they came out really well. I just love that little face. Hey, I noticed you´d changed your avatar, I´m getting Ellie anxiety from not seeing her, can´t wait for you to sort your batteries out lol.

They are adorable and also do a very good job of showing just how different buns can be. They all have such a different look to their faces that give them different expressions.

What breed of bun is Houdini?

Houdini is a netherland dwarf and is such a little rascal, he certainly keeps me on my toes. He´s the only one I worry about leaving unsupervised as he can jump almost anywhere although he is a lot calmer now than he was but he is so smart sometimes I can´t believe what he gets up to. He´s quite small only about 1.2 kg and it always amazes me when I see Thumper or Monty or any of the other giants the difference in size. I do love the big buns but can´t imagine having one, mine enough enough as it is lol.

I also couldn't imagine having a giant bunny! But sometimes I think I would like a flemish to bond Ellie to! hahaha. How funny would that be.
But yes, Houdini is too smart for his own good! He's so crazy!

Ahh Morgan please get a flemmie as Ellie's friend, that would be too funny!

Lovely pictures, Chris, as always! A particularly cute shot of Houdini, his face shows his big personality.

Ellie and a flemmie, that would be really something, a bit Shya and Kai, I bet she´d look amazing and I bet she´d boss him about haha. I just love how gentle this bigs are, it´s just hard for us small bun owners to imagine as I can pick Snowy up in one hand.

Yes, Houdini is one big personality. He´s now decided he doesn´t like his food bowl which hangs on the side of the cage. I used one of these so he can´t push it about and tip it over, that´s one of his favourite games. He´s had it for ages and suddenly at the end of last week, he seemed to be leaving pellets and wasn´t eating many of them. As there are always some left now, there seemed to be lots of food in there. I also noticed the last few days also that he´s been eating the other two´s food from their bowl when he´s out. So, this morning, I put some in a bowl on the floor and he´s eating fine....what are they like. Now, I´ll have to go and find a bowl that´s heavier, have seen a nice one in the pet shop, as he is just pushing it all around the cage and has tipped it over.

It´s really funny actually how something, they get a fixation on something and won´t leave it alone. They were chewing and licking the cage bars so, in their favourite spot, I hung a piece of cardboard and they´d been nibbling on that instead. Well, last night, Snowy was pulling it to bits with such force, I thought he was gonna rip it right off there. He´s never done it in that way before and there were bits of torn cardboard all over the place. He kept going back and back.....would I like to get in that little head to see what him and the others are thinking.

Another cute photo of Bandy and Snowy...they are such cuddlers.

Sleepybunnies_zps764c1271.jpg

And another...

20130326_233803_zps0fc385e8.jpg

Chris...thank you. so that is what a netherland dwarf looks like. It's kind of funny, I have heard so many people talking about them but I don't think I've actually seen a picture with anyone saying this is my netherland dwarf to put it together in my head. Their faces look so round and chubby. I had a small bun many years ago. I didn't know all that I know now or interact like I do with Thumper but we did enjoy him. He had no problems being picked up although he did scratch the heck out of my daughter twice wearing shorts. Each time she was sitting on the floor holding him when something spooked him. She would hold on firmer and try to calm him but get so scratched in the process. I kept telling her just let him run. He couldn't get out of the two rooms.

I can't imagine having a small bun now. I also can't imagine not having a bun in my life and will probably always have a flemmie. I know not all bun personalities are exactly alike but the do for the most part seem to be so laid back. One girl and I sat yesterday petting Thump for about 30 minutes, she was petting his face and the back of his neck while I petted everywhere else. I didn't pet his belly as he was a meatloaf but he didn't mind anywehere else, just laid there like he was in heaven.

Thumper likes to throw his veggie bowl around but only after he has ate the veggies.

Foo loved to throw her bowls around too. I gave her heavy ceramic ones and she threw them too. Ellie only throws the little plastic bowls she used to eat out of that I now give her as toys. She can't lift the heavy ceramic ones she has now.

Bandy and Snowy are SO cute. Oh my. They look so happy and comfortable together!

Snowy always looks so comfortable when he's snuggling with Bandy. It's almost like he knows Bandy's his protector, so he just conks right out.

That's weird about Houdini and his food bowl. You could try washing it out really good. I've heard of rabbits stop using their food bowls cause of some sort of weird smell.

They just are so comfortable together that I could take loads of photos of them cuddling...well, yes I do but I just love seeing them so laid back with each other.

Yes, don´t know why he´s suddenly done that as the smell of it hasn´t changed. Anyway, I´m gonna get him a heavy ceramic one, I saw it in the pet shop a while ago but thought it was a bit expensive but heh, if you can´t spoil them sometimes.

Denise, they have a sort of squarish flat head and quite short ears. They do say that they´re hyper active and they´re right and they are great little jumpers. He is much better about being handled than he used to be and I can pick him up and he´ll stay still for a while and he´ll let me check him out and trim his nails. He is quite skittish though and is easily spooked. He heard something yesterday night and this is his "what is that" stance.

20130326_221140_zps7509f0aa.jpg

Just to show that Bandy loves cuddling with either of them. Him and Houdini keeping each other warm this afternoon.

20130327_181138_zps5df69e0c.jpg

Aww, I love the pictures of them cuddling together.

I was looking at the first page of your blog a couple days ago and I had forgotten how cute Bandy was as a baby. He reminded me of a hotot with those huge looking black eyes.

Do Houdini and Snowy cuddle together anymore?

Last edited:
Elise, I´m just downloading pics and video. Snowy was grooming Houdini today...I am so happy with their together time today, they were out for about 4 hours and although I was keeping my eye on them, there was no real niggles and they sat close by or together for quite a while. I think they are getting over their differences so I´ll try and get them out tomorrow even if it´s only for a few hours and also over the weekend. I was pleased how things went, if they are looking at each other, I just talk to them and warn them and it seems to work. I am one happy bunny mom tonight.

Well, here are the three of them together, it was so exciting seeing them so relaxed.

20130327_203430_zpsf0198f11.jpg

Don´t they look relaxed all together

20130327_213142_zps1f2e6e7e.jpg

Hopefully, I´ll be able to post the video tomorrow, it´s late now and it just takes too long lol

Just downloading the video on youtube of them all together, it just takes so long...will probably post tomorrow.

Latest posts

Back