The tales of two dwarfs and a lionheart

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol he's definitely living up to his name. I came out yesterday and his crate was a mess and he's just chilling there like: oh hey mom! :biggrin2: How was your day?

Heey guys. :) I didn't get on here yesterday because I got stung by a wasp and my finger was like a balloon so I couldn't type. It was a *really* big black wasp so next time I see one it's gonna die. >:l I had Smokeyanne in the tractor the other day and Loki was in his crate, so I had Smokey just running around and Loki was like: HOLY SHIZZLE MOM IT'S A FUZZY BUNNEH!!!!!!!! And then Smokey was totally ignoring him, not a sniff nor a glance in his direction. Oh silly bunnies.

I hate bee stings and wasp stings BUT let me let you in on a little secret. When we were kids and we got stung we would always get some wet dirt from the ground and just smear it on the place where we got stung and we wouldn't swell up at all. I know putting mud on yourself is kind of yucky, lol, but its better than swelling up and it always stops the swelling. Keep it on for a couple of hours and than wash it off and you wont swell up. Next time you get stung you should try it. Works like a charm.

Or you could put wet tobacco on the sting area. I don't know if anyone smokes, but it really helps. When I was a kid, I got stung on the eyebrow by a massive hornet and the whole side of my face swelled up. My dad dipped, so he put that tobacco on my eyebrow and put a big bandaid over it and helped the swelling and helped to pull the venom out.
My husband got stung by a hornet last year, but his stupid butt refused to let me put tobacco on it because he didn't believe me. THEN he looked online and saw that it really does help, but it was too late to put the tobacco on there. haha. So he had to suffer with a swollen arm for like 3 days. Jerk. I laughed at him and told him he should have listened to me!

I have heard you can use plantain. It grows wild, most call it a weed. You can look it up. It's easy to indentify. There are two types. I haven't had to try it but it is said you can pick some, chew it up a little and put it on a sting or bite. I thought it was a good tip to remember so if you are at the park or hiking and have nothing else you should have no problem locating some plantain.

Forgot to say that we would bring a bit of water with us when we would go hiking so we could wet some dirt in case of a sting. One time when we were kids we were hiking on a board walk and my brother was looking at a carnivorous plant and he got stung by a wasp and we put some mud on the sting area and after a couple of hours we washed it off and it didn't swell. The thing I like about it is you can get mud pretty much everywhere.

Thanks for all the tips guys! When I got to the house I grabbed some basil and that helped it a lot. :) And Morgan I have to say I love your new avatar! Ellie is such a cutie lol, though if she's like Livvy then that doesn't mean anything.XD I saw a wild bunny yesterday when I was biking, it was kinda weird I was passing a house and the bunny was just standing by the edge of the road looking at me, I sat still for a while as I didn't really want to scare it lol, then the person over by the house shut his car hood really loud and scared it into the brush, so I biked up to where it jumped and it was only like a foot away from me, it had these weird white spots on it and it was really bold for a wild rabbit. It was smaller so maybe it was just a baby. It was cute anyway lol.

woow i haven't been on in ages! i'll just do a quick update as i'm on my kindle which i hate typing on. loki is growing so much! when i can use my laptop again i'll post pictures of all the little bunnies lol. all the bunnies are doing really well in the heat,even smokey with her fluffy coat smokey's mane is getting all frilly, she looks like a real lion now lol. olivia has decided tjat i'm the coolest thing ever apparentlt,maybe it's because i'm lessening her pellets and she enjoys them more or something..but i'd better make the most of it while it lasts as i have a feeling she'll go back to being her usual emo warrio princess self soon. and pip is looving his pellets lately,hw grr i mean he(stupid kindle doesn't let me backspace() finishes them super quick then he just gives me this hopeful little face and v crosses his paws like: can i please has some more? and then i feel like the dude in oliver twiwt (twist that is) because i'm just like: mooore!??! well anyhoozle i'll try to post some pictures soon!

yesterday loki was introduced to the puppies(through the crate). he was such a good boy,he came up and sniffed at them and he wasn't scared at all. the puppies will ne off to their new homes in two weeks. i'm gonna miss them lol.

good to see that they´re all well and so looking forward to some more pics of those cuties. Good little Loki with the pups, shame they´re leaving but good they´ve got new homes.

So as most of you probably know I lost Pip a couple days ago. :( It's very hard for me but everybody on here has been really nice and that's helped a lot, and so of course have the other bunnies. But anyway I came on to say sorry that I haven't posted in so long, I'll be keeping up with the blog more now. I'll also post some pics from yesterday when I had the bunnies out later on today.

Emily, have just been to have a look to check, I can´t believe it either. What a beautiful boy he was. I worry about mine with the heat but this really brings it home, they´ll be getting extra cuddles and treats tonight.

He was a special little boy and you gave him so much love in his short life.

Will be thinking of you.

thank you, you guys. i count you all as friends on here and i'm so grateful for the kind words and sympathy. one thing's for sure, this won't happen again if i can help it. i couldn't bear going through this again.

Emily, you couldn´t have foreseen this and you did everything to make him comfortable in the heat. Sometimes, these things just happen, I´ll now be extra vigilant with mine although when they´re outside now, their area is always shaded.

I will miss little Pip, I keep looking at that photo and can´t quite believe it so I can´t imagine how you´re feeling. I´ve been back having a look at your lovely bunny family, hope they are all well and I bet they´ll also miss Pip. They´ll make you feel better, I´m sure, it´s funny how animals always know how we´re feeling. Stay strong and we´ll be here if you need us.

Thank you again Chris for all the kind words. And here are the pictures as promised!
Miss Olivia checking things out.
1zj70i.jpg

Smokey taking a rest from all that running around.
qoceif.jpg

Loki horking down his food lol. He eats so much you'd think he was starving.
2ynm80o.jpg

And Olivia and Smokey next to each other.
2a9bc6b.jpg

Latest posts

Back