The Stormhaven Litter System-Step by Step Instructions

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ravishing, if u have plenty of the light diffuser panels u can just cut and glue (preferably with http://www.eclecticproducts.com/all_purpose.htm mind u, ud have to let it air out for about a week.) to the shape/size that u need. after getting the overall shape, just follow the rest of the instructions. (this is not as good as the nic panels IMHO because chester likes to chew so he chewed straight through a big chunk). but that would be another viable option.

I did end up making this! It's fantastic! For some reason, I thought that the C&C Grid hay rack would be harder for me to make than the flooring.... :/

I cut the flooring too large and then realized that I could have just cut the corners a little to make the egg crate fit in perfectly.... I ended up cutting it too small so I just zip tied the flooring to the hay rack... I have more egg crate so its not like I can't do it over again, it's just that I am too lazy to do it again lol.

She seems to be off to a good start, I put hay on one side of the hay rack where the first hole is and I put her bowl with pellets where the second hole is and her water in the opposite corner. I'm hoping this helps improve her litter habits until I get her spayed... I bought an extra giant cat litter box by vanness.

I made something similar for Honey over 9 months ago. I didn't know this topic existed, so didn't do things exactly the same. The main thing I was aiming for [& achieved] was the complete elimination of litter. Anyone who has this system in place could do a simple modification & eliminate litter as well.

Just buy some fiberglass window screen replacement, cut it larger than the light grating & duct tape it around the edges to the backside of the grating.

Now the poops can be picked off the mesh. Then tip the litterbox & pour the urine into a clear jar with a lid & close the lid immediately. It can be emptied immediately, or if you want to check for sediment to catch a sludge problem asap, let it sit for awhile before emptying. Rinse out the litter box. Do this into another bottle if you're checking the sediment amount. Also add a little vinegar to the box to keep it fresher.

I remember seeing the egg crate stuff years ago at our local Ace Hardware. Today I looked and they no longer carry it. Now I am trying to figure out where to get it. Home Depot or Lowes is an hour drive each way so I don't want to waste time and gas if they don't have it. Hmm...

I just found it on the Lowe's and Home Depot website under Plaskolite - in case anyone else is having trouble searching too. :)

Thanks so much for sharing these plans. I had something similar in mind (without the hay rack though that is a great idea too!) but hadn't fleshed it out yet.

any chance of a sticky for this? it really is a great system and having a litter box grid is incredibly handy :)

the eggcrate for the grid comes in 2'x4' sheets and can be cut to whatever size you need... the NIC cubes are about 14'' long/wide.

this is perfect. I'm heading to home depot tonight to gather supplies. Thank you!

I made another one of these for my new bun! I love these they're fantastic! I'm also going to make a bigger one with a storage tote and multiple NIC cubes for hay. I just love it! :)

I really like this system but as I'm alone I honestly don't think I could bend the grids. Not strong enough. Winston is so messy with the hay, this would be great for them.
Susan

Latest posts

Back