The Stormhaven Litter System-Step by Step Instructions

Discussion in 'Housing and Environment' started by Runestonez, Jan 11, 2010.

Help Support Rabbits Online by donating:

1. Jan 17, 2013 #81

SOOOSKA

SOOOSKA

SOOOSKA

Junkie2 did you make one of these litter boxes?

2. Jan 26, 2014 #82

lovelops

lovelops

lovelops

Danielle

I will gladly buy three of them and don't care how much shipping is. I've broken a rib and think I have a hairline fracture in another and can't keep cleaning up after my buns tossing litter on the floor. Please send me a PM and hopefully we can work something out!

Vanessa

3. Jan 26, 2014 #83

Runestonez

Runestonez

Runestonez

Retired Moderator

Soooska dear...you do realize who I am off the board right?!
    LOL
    If you are going to the All About Pets Show in Mississauga this year I can whip one up for you!

Actually if there was enough interest in the litterboxes I could make up extra fully assembled litterboxes for anyone interested. The profit from sales would go to my rabbit organization OREO (Ontario Rabbit Education Organization).

Hello all...I haven't been on RO in a longtime.
    Life intrudes, etc, etc...
    I do run a rabbit organization in Ontario and I am always busy writing, trying to find new toys for bunns...and I also do wildlife rehabilitation on the side! Busy chick!
    I haven't been receiving updates or PM's for awhile...I finally got one tonight and was shocked! So after updating my subscriptions...I am back again!

I am glad you guys are able to use my design for the litterbox! I still use these for my kids. I haven't found anything that works better!
    I have tweaked my boxes a bit. I fitted the grating better so I was able to leave the feet off (except for bigger bunns...still need the extra support).
    Different colour litterboxes....different colour hay racks.

This year our organization will also be bringing NIC cage accessories to the petshow. I have been working with a lovely lady out of PA that has been sewing some nice soft fleecy self covers for NIC cages. Custom made to fit whatever size/shape NIC cage you may have. Reversible design, and urine absorbant pads to keep bunn feet dry and clean. We are tweeking our design...but they should be ready to roll before Easter. Chloroplast shelf supports are available too!

OK...back to the drawing board!
    Sorry again for being MIA!
    It looks like you guys have managed to network and help one another out!
    Fantastic! This is what I had always intended for the litterboxes! :)

4. Jan 26, 2014 #84

Magick_mogwai

Magick_mogwai

Magick_mogwai

I just have to try making one of these! My bunny constantly has hay and poo and litter scattered over his cage within about 2 hours of changing his litter he is just so messy! I'm constantly on cleaning duty and going through hay like crazy since he won't touch any that has poo in it (don't blame him). Thanks so much for posting the guide on making it and the pictures make it so simple to understand. You are great!

5. Mar 18, 2018 #85

Archie90

Archie90

Archie90

Hello everyone

Sorry for bumping an ancient post but found this online and looks like it may be the solution to my problem.

My rabbit rolo is constantly weeing in his hay and just making a general mess with it.

I would love to make one of these however none of the images seem to display anymore I don't suppose anyone has the images saved or knows where I could view them?

Or if anyone has any other good suggestions for a good litter box with a hay rack it would be much appreciated!

6. Mar 19, 2018 #86

Blue eyes

Blue eyes

Blue eyes

Supporting Member

It is pretty normal for a rabbit to pee and poo while eating. It is a natural behavior. Years ago I had been encouraged by more experienced rabbit owners to top bunny's litter with hay. I didn't think that would be right. But finally I gave in to their experience and haven't looked back since.

I only feed my rabbits their hay in their large litter box. I put fresh hay on top twice per day. It is the best system, in my opinion. With 2 rabbits, I could go 4 days between cleaning litter box. With one rabbit, I can go a week with absolutely no odor whatsoever.

It is so simple and seems to be the least messy. Here is a photo of what I do:

upload_2018-3-18_19-33-51.png

And just for better perspective, this shows the cage further out. (I keep the cage door open all day long.)

upload_2018-3-18_19-36-56.png

samoth and zupper like this.
  7. Mar 26, 2019 #87

zupper

zupper

zupper

This is very cool, two of my rabbits love digging I made a screen but it is not perfect I will need a higher box as they both manage to pee behind of it, I just placed some pellets behind the box at the moment it works so they litter box is all dry just urine goes between the box and cage bars.