The Stormhaven Litter System-Step by Step Instructions

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My 3 fuzzy's are now enjoying there litterbox and hay baskets.

DSCF3046Feb10.jpg

DSCF3043Feb10.jpg

Oh my goodness I never saw the pix of Becka's trio eating the hay. They are so cute!

Danielle, I think I'd sooner pay you to cut my eggcrate! I mean, I really tried last time. Not only did I not succeed, but I also cut up my hands with pieces of flying plastic at top speed, got myself a bunch of callouses from pressing the cutter so many times and with a lot of force...plus the size/shape was never right when I did it, even after I outlined it with a marker. After two tries, I just got frustrated and threw the egg crate out :( *Sigh* It is a very good idea, I just can't seem to do it :?. I like the use of the NIC panel for a hay receptacle. I have a few NIC panels that I never ended up using for anything but I don't have anything to cut em with. *sigh*

LOL:biggrin2:

The litterboxes are great...but time consuming and annoying! ;)
I just wish I could find a better way to ship the darn things for the people who want them! They are bulky and costly to ship!:(

Danielle:)

Yes... tis the problem... Sigh.

I hope Penny stops tearing up her newspaper in the box and kicking out litter. She does it usually overnight on the 2nd day of her litter box "usage". I can't change out her box every single day, I'd go mad. But she did not do it this week - so hmmm I can hope!

We got Peaches our lionhead sweetie before Easter (she was about 8 weeks old) - we got her for the kids but I think I got her for me! - anyways, at first she just pooped all over the cage, then I got a small plastic container and put her litter in there and sometimes she would go in there. Then we upgraded to a corner litter box with grid and put her food in there - she'd eat, poop & sleep in it but she's grown so much in the past month that she's getting pretty big for even that litter box. So I tried my hand at making this litter box/hay feeder over the weekend - got a litter box from the "Dollar Store" for $6 - it doesn't have a flat bottom it's somewhat rounded up - so the feet do bounce a bit but it must be okay cuz she still uses it and sleeps in it. The litter box is quite large, it's 14" by something longer than 14", I cut the plastic grids (scratched up my arms and hands pretty bad) and had to play with the grid to make it fit since the outside edges of the litter pan are slopped. I glued on the feet without gluing my hands to the grids - yeah! And it seems to work fine.

I have to put in the grid before adding the litter material otherwise the feet don't touch the bottom - and she managed to pee where the feet are glued so it just sits in the trench, but that's okay. I put her food bowl in a corner and found a sort of half cylinder made out of wire (I guess it's for toothbrushes or something) and put her hay in there - only thing is the space is too small between the mesh and she can't reach the hay in the bottom - so my next plan is to make the hay rack with the NIC grids. But for that I'll have to use the ones I had set up as a temporary fence for her play area - so I'll have to find something else to use for that.

Great instructions and I love the idea - Thank you and Peaches thanks you too!

I'm using yesterday's news for litter, as I'm just a tad too late for the wood pellets at Home Depot - they said they threw all their stock away!

Glad you and Peaches like it!:)
Any type of pelleted litter will work with it...
It is supposed to make life easier and cheaper by allowing us to simply scoop out the wet litter while leaving the dry pellets behind! :) And hopefully keep the hay high and dry as well! Although one of our boys has decided he likes to back his butt up against the hay bin when he pees. <sigh>
Its always something with boy bunnies! lol;)

Danielle:)

I have a question about this litter box. I made one without the hay bin. She keeps pulling the grate out of the box. Any ideas on how to keep the grate in the box? She also pushes her box all around. Any ideas how to keep the box in one place?

You can use binder clips to clip the litter box to the cage.

As for pulling the grate out?? can you secure it to the box itself? *strong bunny*

I don't know what binder clips are..maybe my husband knows. As for the grate, I don't know how I can secure it. Of course it has to be something that keeps her from getting it, but still allows me to take it out to clean the box.

Tweetiepy wrote:
You can use binder clips to clip the litter box to the cage.

As for pulling the grate out?? can you secure it to the box itself? *strong bunny*
Ok so what's a binder clip? My husband didn't know either.
Is Arwen the only rabbit who pulls the grate out of her box?:?

Oh my goodness!! This is what I have been DREAMING OF!!

I was just lying in bed thinking "how can I make it so her litter doesn't mix with the hay?!"

AND TAA DAAA!!!

YOU ARE AMAZINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

I need me two of these!!!!

Omg I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED!!!

Latest posts

Back