The stallion died

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MissyAndMoonlight

Reaction score
This has nothing to do with rabbits, but horses. The stallion, Rob, was very old and recently passed away. He was VERY sweet, but most people (especially kids) called him mean. Why? Because he is a stallion, and anyone that knows horses knows that stallions are very territorially, so if you stuck your hands of fingers in his stall window (since the door was always closed) he would nip at them. And like most stallions and plenty of other horses, he investigated things with his mouth. However, he was by far one of the sweetest horses I know, and it made me mad when people called him mean- they just didn't know him. However, he lived a very good and happy life, and was a retired reining horse. RIP Robby- we'll miss you.

So sorry. People make me laugh. You can't blame a bunny for being a bunny, nor a dog for being a dog, and yes, equestrian behavior needs to be understood. So many anthropomorphize their animal and try to treat it as a human child and then can't figure out where they went wrong, so, blame the animal.

Horses and rabbits are both prey animals. I'd like to share rabbit behavior with someone familiar with horse behavior. I suspect there are some common behaviors.

About common behaviors....can horses be litter box trained?? Rabbits can.
For a quarter mile, can a rabbit outrun a horse? Don't know.

So sorry. People make me laugh. You can't blame a bunny for being a bunny, nor a dog for being a dog, and yes, equestrian behavior needs to be understood. So many anthropomorphize their animal and try to treat it as a human child and then can't figure out where they went wrong, so, blame the animal.

That is very very true

Latest posts

Back