The Scoop on Fabrics

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LadyKat

Reaction score
I was told by a friend who has rabbits that you should not have any fabrics in your rabbits cage.

Then in so many rabbit habitat pictures here I have seen cages with fleece blankets etc in them.

So is it safe to put a fleece blanket, small cat bed/rabbit bed or even this open Super Pet Hammock on the bottom of his cage so that the bottom actually touches the bottom of his cage.

14754_152214_010000000.jpg

The hammock I'd give a pass, it,s hard for them to balance and they could hurt themselves getting in our out.

As for fabrics, it depends if your rabbit is a chewer. Mine chewed them in the beginning and then calmed down a bit. If they eat too much it could cause a blockage.

I wouldn't put fabrics in with a rabbit that chews a lot (or, for that matter, one that pees on them constantly, unless you want to be washing & changing them a couple of times a day) but for one that doesn't chew, I'd say they're fine. I have 3 free-roaming rabbits who are around sofas, beds, pillows, blankets, clothes, rugs etc 24/7 and never bother chewing at them.

My male loves baby blankets, he doesn't chew them. so I guess its a matter of whether or not you're comfortable with using them

Latest posts

Back