the rabbit and the cat are friends?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

magicstorm101

Reaction score
my rabbit Tenshi and my cat Jamie (the cat is now 6 months old) have been living together in the house with each other. Tenshi has his own space away from the cat. the two seem to be calm around each other, and the rabbit Tenshi is quite relaxed around the cat.(he even eats and grinds his teeth happily when the cat is around) he is no longer fidgety when the cat decides to lay beside his cage either. they seem to have tolerated each other,and dont have a problem being in the same room.

however, Tenshi being out of the cage is something i am unsure of. the rabbit often has my sisters room to hisself where he can run freely. but my little sister can be hard-headed,and leave her door open and the cat goes in. nothing agressive has happened between the two,but strange things have. sometimes the cat will sit in the doorway with the rabbit,and theyll sniff noses or look at each other for the longest. i seperate them,but both seem fine. other times theyll chase each other-but it doesnt seem aggressive. the rabbit does light casual hops and the cat lightly runs after him.they go back and forth with it. but the cat is still naive, and rabbits are hard to read, so i dont know if their encounters are as they seem. for all i know, Tenshi could seriously be chasing the cat,and the cat is just too young to notice. but beyond a little 'urf' noise between them, i have no idea what is going on. is there a safe way i can observe their behavior around each other?

It sounds like theyre playing together! I would keep an eye on them for sure when they're together, but it sounds like they've got the makings of a friendship going on!

Latest posts

Back