The mother of all dry spells

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

myLoki

Reaction score
I don't know what has been up lately. My last real date was almost two years ago. I can't seem to find anyone I'm interested in. Worse yet, I can't find anyone that is interested in me. I just don't know what is going on. I'm not the prettiest girl around, but I'm not ugly either. I'm smart and pretty funny, yet I can't attract a decent guy to save my life. I'm flypaper for losers! I'm so tired of this!

My sisters say that I'm not going to meet someone on my way to and from work. It seems like all I do lately is work. I know they're right, but I don't want to meet anyone at a bar or club anyway. It's almost like if you don't meet your mate in college you are in for a rough time.

Thanks for listening to my rant. I'm just really frustrated.:banghead

t.

Here's a picture of me just for reference.

me.jpg

Don't worry too much.. .You look wonderful.:hug:

Your sisters are right.. time to branch out! Maybe there's a hot guy volunteering at the animal shelter?

BTW, clubs and bars aren't all bad. I met Nate while waitressing at my local bar. He was so polite and handsome...(mushy) We've been living together for over 3 years now, and he's the "One" for me.

If you really wanna get a good selection of guys, pick up a waitressing job at the bar. I always had pickup offers, great tips and lots of phone numbers, and I'm not even half as pretty as you are.
Waitressing lets you flirt a lot, and get to know the guys. Some are regular customers, and you figure out pretty fast who you'd want to spend more time with. If nothing else, it's an awesome ego boost!;)

You could always put up an on-line ad? Is there singles speed-dating in your area?

Even better, get to know your friends' male buddies. If your friends like them, they might be really awesome guys :)

NorthernAutumn wrote:
Don't worry too much.. .You look wonderful.:hug:

Thank you!:hug1

Your sisters are right.. time to branch out! Maybe there's a hot guy volunteering at the animal shelter?

I wish I had a chance to volunteer, but my teaching job is consuming my life. It's my first year teaching 4th grade math so I'm basically starting from scratch on everything.

BTW, clubs and bars aren't all bad. I met Nate while waitressing at my local bar. He was so polite and handsome...(mushy) We've been living together for over 3 years now, and he's the "One" for me.

If you really wanna get a good selection of guys, pick up a waitressing job at the bar. I always had pickup offers, great tips and lots of phone numbers, and I'm not even half as pretty as you are.
Waitressing lets you flirt a lot, and get to know the guys. Some are regular customers, and you figure out pretty fast who you'd want to spend more time with. If nothing else, it's an awesome ego boost!;)

haha! Yes. I was a waitress in high school. It is certainly an ego boost.

You could always put up an on-line ad? Is there singles speed-dating in your area?

I signed up for e-harmony but I haven't completely registered because it is sooooo expensive! I haven't heard anything about speed dating. I could try looking in the paper tomorrow.

Even better, get to know your friends' male buddies. If your friends like them, they might be really awesome guys :)

I graduated from college May 07 and moved to the city my parents live in. I hardly know anyone. I've only just started making some friends at work, but it's still pretty slow going.

Thanks for giving me advice! :hug1

plentyoffish is free, and has really active boards. I would try there first...

I know what you mean... If it's any consolation, I live off-campus at my university. I havn't made more than a casual acquaintence in the last 3 years...

I feel ya, girl. It's really hard to put down roots sometimes.

Latest posts

Back