The Life & Times of Felix 'n' Clementine!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm a bit worried about my little guy today. :(

I was out all day yesterday, and came home last night and noticed several abnormally small poops which seem to be from Felix, based on where he was sitting and where he tends to spend time vs. Clem. This morning I woke up and found a lot more, so they seem to be more of a regular occurrence, and less of the one-offs I was hoping they were. I also noticed him leave a pile of uneaten cecals. :( I've stocked him up with hay for the day, gave him a papaya tablet, and I'll ask my partner to keep a close eye on him and let me know how he goes since I'll be at work all day. It's just such bad timing - I'm going to Melbourne for 6 days on Wednesday, so if something happens this week I won't be around. I'm going to try and get him into the vet before we leave, I think. He's still eating and he seems like his normal self. I've felt his belly and it feels normal. He was acting like he always does, butting my hand out of the way when he'd had enough and enjoying nose rubs, so I'm just hoping it'll pass on its own, but I'd like him to see the vet just in case.

:pray:

Oh Felix! Hopefully it's just a simple matter of him deciding to be naughty and fill up on pellets instead of hay yesterday. Keeping you in my thoughts. :pray:

One thing you'll want to make sure of, is that he is actually eating hay well. If not, it could be dental related. Also check his urine if you can(litter box lined with newspaper). I know monitoring these things can be a bit difficult though, when there is a bonded bun with them.

He was sitting on the top level of the cage this morning, and I popped some hay next to him, and he began eating it immediately. I'll watch him a bit closer tonight to make sure he is eating properly and not just playing with it or anything. It is difficult to check his urine like you said, since he's bonded with Clem, but I'll do my best.

If you can't get a look at his urine, just look for other signs of bladder issues like urine dribbling, urine stained fur, and straining when peeing. Not that the small poop is from a urine issue, just one common possibility can be from bladder pain. It could also just be he had an upset stomach for some reason, but if the small poops continue and are consistent, it means he isn't eating as much and that is causing the gut slowdown and small poops. This would be due to some sort of discomfort or pain from something. Trick is, figuring out what exactly.

I got home from work a little while ago and popped some salad and hay down for the buns. Felix tore into both and is currently munching on some hay, doesn't seem to be having any problems with it. I'll try to look for any bladder issues later. He was running around and binkying, he seems to be in a good mood as usual.

Lots of cecals and several soft droppings from Felix. He's eating some cecals but leaving a lot around. I'm going to monitor him overnight and if things still look like this, I'll ring the vet tomorrow.

Poops are getting bigger, still a few uneaten cecals, but Felix does occasionally get into one of those phases. I'm just feeding hay and salad for now, no pellets, and I'll monitor how it goes before I leave so I can tell my housemate what to feed. Still really worried to be leaving for 6 days when I'm not 100% sure on him. :( My partner reminded me that I do get quite concerned about Felix doing things like this and it's not the first time, but he's my little bubba, I can't help it.

Trix here-

Yes, normally I only post in the bunny chat section, but I want to tell you something: as long as Felix likes your housemate and you have a vet close by,Felix will be fine whilst in your absence. Sure, Felix will miss you, but he will be fine. I said so.

Love,

Trixie the Bunny

He's not particularly fond of my housemate, but then again, he's not particularly fond of anyone but Clementine. :p

My normal vet isn't too far, but I don't think my housemate would pick up on whether or not he'd need to take Felix, and I wouldn't expect him to drop other commitments to take him to the vet. Behaviourally he seems fine, he's still eating, drinking, peeing, and pooping, just the fact that the smaller droppings are still there, along with a few uneaten cecals (and some misshapen ones) is worrying.

And now Clementine is leaving soft droppings! When it rains, it pours.

This happens with her sometimes, I'll feed less salad for a while to make sure that it clears up as usual.

Latest posts

Back