The life of CoCo Puff the Puff Ball

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you for your beautiful words everyone! I've been avoiding rabbits online as it reminds me of my Coconutty but I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel and having a smile when I think of her rather than a tear!

Vanessa :( i was waiting for you to read this, little Coco and your mum had so many similarities and I remember you talking about drugs she was on that wernt good at all- well the drugs claimed Coco too. That was the second time I administered any and it was the second time to much! I truely feel I could have saved her if I was still in the country, I would have nursed her back to health with warmth, sub Qs, slept with her and my instincts would have let me know a lot- what I would give to go back in time!!!

Her boys are doing good, all my buns were all over the show as they go abit funny when I'm gone for 2-3days let alone 12 days! Darcy her dad spent a lot of time sleeping on the grass sprawled out, he had sad eyes & I could tell was stressed and had a couple of sloppy poos stuck to his bum! Her brother was sad to but still getting about doing his thing- grieving in silence :( Darcy started chasing Alfie around at nights and humping him which really annoyed me!

The night I got home (11pm) I cleaned out all my bunny night houses and let them out for a leg stretch and to come say hello. My pet angel who I pay good money to look after our buns does a lovely job but I'm abit OCD about cleanliness and so my buns appreciated a nice clean and snuggly soft night hutch to sleep in :)

Now all the buns are great and back to normal- I have bonded my boys with another female called butterball she is absolutly divine and such a snuggly easy going girl and my boys like her a lot. I have 8 bunnies in total & my hubby says no more! Which I'm fine with ;) Coco was my special wee girl in the world- I have about 10 framed photos of her in my bunny play world so I'm always reminded of her. The boys have her favourite teddy- big Ted- in their bed that they all snuggle with. We all miss Coco puff but life has to go on without her :( Thankyou so much for all your input Vanessa- you are a wonderfully fabulous women and I found your words so invaluable in Cocos life, I hope we still keep in touch on here xxx

Jenny, I know :( Thank you for all your advice and support on Cocos life and praise you showered upon me to. At times the outer ppl of the world thought I was crazy caring for a disabled bunny and it was lovely to be apart of a rabbit family that supported me in what I was doing! To the vets that said she should be put to sleep, overly medicated & questioned my decisions ,I Thankyou and everyone else for a supporting me again and helping me trust my instincts when they were doubted. Coco lived a fullfilled 16months & passed away as a fat wee bunny with beautiful hair, no pressure sores, no urine scald and with a mind of her own on her fluffy sheepskin with her heater on surrounded by her two boys who loved her deeply, I find comfort in knowing it wasn't a horrible drawn out process of suffering- - 3days before she was running bunnies over in her cart! Thankyou all for everything & I hope the life of coco puff the puff ball will inspire others to look after their disabled bunnies and not feel it's the end of their world. When I'm ready I'm ready I might start another blog on my other 7bunnies- there's never a full moment in the Ronchi house hold :) xxx

I'm glad to hear that the boys have bonded with another friend - I'd love to see a picture of Butterball. Of course she could never replace darling CoCo in any of our hearts, but I'm sure it will help them to heal while they grieve her loss. It's so sweet that you've kept her teddy in there so they're comforted by her scent.

It's also great like you said, she passed away surrounded by her brother and father, in a place she found comforting. She wasn't sore and she was well-looked after and very well-loved. I don't think she could have lived a more fulfilling life. :)

I'd love to see a blog for the other bunnies in your house! I'll miss CoCo's updates, of course, but I want to know what Alfie, Darcy, and all the other buns are up to. :)

I haven't been on here in ages and I was so saddened to read this. She was just so inspirational and showed how special and full of life these buns can be. I adored seeing her photos and reading about her. She had so much love in her short life and her brothers made sure she was OK. I will always remember Coco Puff. I follow quite a few disabled buns on facebook and a few of those special ones crossed the bridge in September as well. I like to think they are all together binkying and doing bunny 500's. Sleep tight Coco, we loved you x

What a lovely little furball Coco Puff is! And how lucky to have such a loving mom! I haven't been to Rabbits Online in a bit and this is the first story I've read checking it out again......and thank-you for sharing!:bunny18

Latest posts

Back