The Legend of Felix: 2014!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pani

Bunny servant Lotte
Reaction score
Hi all! I've owned Felix for about a month now, so I thought it was about time I get his little bunny blog set up!

My little sir is a Netherland Dwarf, who I got from a breeder at 8 weeks old at the end of November. He initially seemed rather quiet and timid, but that quickly wore off and his naughty and curious side shone through. He likes to investigate and sniff everything, and find little nooks and crannies to hide in; some of his favourites are behind a big stuffed dragon on the couch, or hiding underneath the blankets hanging down in front of the couch.

He loves playing in boxes and running bunny 500s around the living room! His play space is currently restricted to around half our living room, including free run of the couch. It doesn't sound like much, but since he's so small, he can easily sprint around and binky all over the place. He used to have roam of the living room, but after destroying two headphone cables (including my favourite headset ever!) I figured I'd have to restrict his playspace a bit until I can 100% bun-proof the area.

Few pictures to start off with, although these are from 2013! I can't wait to share Felix's adventures in his own little blog.

tumblr_mx9tf4rVMT1qadoszo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mxbhoqxkjf1qadoszo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mxhi8vqy2m1qadoszo1_500.jpg

I love his stubby little legs, but he can stretch them for miles when he yawns!

tumblr_mxktkpZRhE1qadoszo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mxstmzK0Tp1qadoszo1_500.png

tumblr_mxsve8DAN91qadoszo1_500.png

tumblr_mxuox9SI7s1qadoszo1_500.jpg

tumblr_my742nM8sh1qadoszo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mydcj0BY7T1qadoszo1_500.jpg

Oh, Felix is adorable! Happy New Year, Felix & happy blogging for 2014! :party:

:thanks:

Today was a big day for Felix - he got his calci vaccine and nails clipped, and while I was seeing the breeder she also checked out his man parts. It turns out he's an early bloomer, because he's already hit bunny puberty, at just 12 weeks old! I'm going to look into local vets and get him neutered as soon as I can. I'm so glad we haven't noticed any hormonal behaviour from him, no spraying or losing litter box habits. I also mentioned that he's not too affectionate and can be a little bit naughty at times, so she told me that I should not let him get away with as much, and scoop him up for some cuddles before and after he gets his playtime. I also noticed I'm petting him way too softly, she was giving him some little nose and ear rubs much harder and he seemed to be enjoying it quite a bit.

Few pictures from playtime today!

18tRn4Z.png

JutqoPX.png

KuoZDsX.png

"Muuum, stooooop!"

mu96ImJ.png

Felix was a bit sulky yesterday, seems like the effect of the vaccine. Poor little guy just bunloafed all day or hid inside his dark box! He seems more like himself today, way more energetic and running around. Having some concerns about some funny poops, but otherwise he seems okay.

I'm thinking about picking up a bunny girlfriend for him after he's neutered, and his hormones are back to normal. It'll depend how he reacts. If I do, I want to get a lop-eared, so I have one of each! It'll be a bit odd having the mini lop be a bit bigger, though. :p

tumblr_myvjzyoJxg1qadoszo1_500.jpg

Not a whole lot to report over the last few days! Felix has returned to his old bouncy self. He hasn't had a potty accident in a few days, which I'm super happy about! Since he's just hit 'bunny puberty' I was expecting his litter habits to take a hit, so I'm pleasantly surprised. Still pooping all over the place, but that's to be expected. Maybe it'll calm down once he feels like he's marked his territory!

tumblr_myzg1bfgKX1qadoszo1_500.jpg

tumblr_myzmtucZN81qadoszo1_500.jpg

*smoosh smoosh smoosh*
Whenever I rub him enough, he smooshes his head to the ground!

That picture of him in the Santa hat!! So much love :D He seems like such a character, and sounds quite mischievous just like Bandit. And yes, don't be afraid to pet them firmly, Bandit loves some really good head rubs.

Looking forward to following Felix's adventures :)

Just caught up on here. He's just so cute. These little bunnies are just so naughty and get up to all sorts . I have two and one of them is always into something but he was so well behaved this morning letting my friend hold and pet him. They are skittish but as they get older they do get better with being held and cuddled. I live sitting or laying on the floor with mine, they crawl all over me and lick me like mad, you should try it with Felix. Look forward to watching him grow up.

That picture of him in the Santa hat!! So much love :D He seems like such a character, and sounds quite mischievous just like Bandit. And yes, don't be afraid to pet them firmly, Bandit loves some really good head rubs.

Looking forward to following Felix's adventures :)
He certainly is! Better not the two of them hatch any schemes together.

He seems to enjoy my firmer head rubs now! He'll smoosh his head to the ground and if I stop, sometimes he'll nudge my finger to keep going. :)

Felix is so adorable. :)
He'd thank you if he weren't busy trying to get in trouble!

Just caught up on here. He's just so cute. These little bunnies are just so naughty and get up to all sorts . I have two and one of them is always into something but he was so well behaved this morning letting my friend hold and pet him. They are skittish but as they get older they do get better with being held and cuddled. I live sitting or laying on the floor with mine, they crawl all over me and lick me like mad, you should try it with Felix. Look forward to watching him grow up.
Haha, I was lying on the floor a few days ago and he took the opportunity to jump up on me and run around!

He got a bit curious a few days ago...

C1vOHKV.jpg

"What's that???"

NWMH6cI.jpg

"What's THIS???"

bAiu9DS.jpg

Standing guard over his water bottle!

:p

Just caught up on here. He's just so cute. These little bunnies are just so naughty and get up to all sorts . I have two and one of them is always into something but he was so well behaved this morning letting my friend hold and pet him.

Sheesh! What a typo/misspeak! You referred to having two bunnies and I got a horrible "oh crap" feeling and had to run off to check your blog and make sure I hadn't missed something horrible happening that reduced you to only two bunnies! I'm SO relieved by the lack of bad news!

Felix is so freaking adorable... it's a bit scary to think of how naughty he may be once he has a partner-in-crime-slash-scapegoat to aid and abet his naughtiness, though!

Sorry Jennifer, just meant that I two very naughty boys and one very well behaved big boy, sorry for the scare lol. They are all in the best of health :)

Felix is just hitting his rambunctious 'teenage years' so I guess some misbehaving is to be expected. :p

He's actually been really friendly over the last few days! Thought I'd pick up my camera again this morning and take a few pictures. His neutering is booked in for this Thursday, and since I won't be available to drop him off that morning, he'll have to stay overnight and come home with me the next afternoon. I know it's all for the best, but I'm so nervous about leaving him overnight in a strange place for a strange operation! I wish there was a way to tell him what was going on and explain it!

tumblr_mzdshoLBnO1qadoszo1_500.png

tumblr_mzdshoLBnO1qadoszo2_500.png

jdrNyoQ.png

Playing with the big squishie red dragon!

3ylTQ8A.png

I5mV0M1.png

Great pics, he´s such a cutie. I´m sure his neuter will go fine. It´s always awful being separated for them, I know that when I leave them for a few days, I do nothing but worry. Will be thinking about the little fellow.

Just dropped him off for his overnight stay and sterilisation tomorrow. On the way there I noticed that he's got a sort of irritated spot on his back, which I thought was the healing scab from where he'd had his vaccination, but then I realised the vaccination spot was actually closer to his neck and this one is further down his back. It felt like a scab but was more yellow, and had a little bit of flaking skin around it, so I asked if they could take a look at that tomorrow too.

When I dropped him off I got a bit teary... poor little guy was terrified, cowering in the corner of his box. Hope he knows I'll be back for him soon!

He was having a wonderful time playing today before we left. I feel bad because he's just gotten comfortable enough that he's started flopping onto his side sometimes, so I'm sure staying in a strange environment and having a strange surgery will stop that for a while. Thankfully, this should be the last time he has to leave the house in a while, so no more worrying about my poor scared bun!

tumblr_mzfp4uaB261qadoszo1_500.jpg

Aww, he's such a cutie. I'm sure he'll be fine at the vets. I know how upsetting and stressful it can be though. I'm lucky enough to live close enough to work and my vet that I was able to bring Bandit in during my early meal break instead of having him stay overnight. I was a complete mess the rest of the day at work and rang up twice to see how everything was going, lol. He was completely fine though :)

Best wishes for a quick recovery from his op :)

I was actually in the operating room when the vet did both Lady and Brooke. A large dog and I mean LARGE like 150 pounds eat through his leash and was starting to roam about the surgery room and I offered to keep the dog away from the operating table if the vet would do my buns next (the surgery was up in Baltimore and I live in the DC area like 50 miles away). The vet was short staffed that day and welcomed my help. It was a bit horrifying seeing them put Brooke in a clear storage box with the gas tubes attached to knock her out and then watch her look around dazed like what the hell am I dong in this box? Lady was not to happy in the box either... One thing I would suggest is asking for pain meds after the surgery. I've found vets are of two minds. There is one school that will tell you they don't want to overmedicate the rabbit in case so they will give NOTHING and say they will be find and I went that route with Lady and Brooke and do not recommend it. Get something for them. Others will give you something for them. Get something...since they came out of getting fixed they had personality changes that I think was attributed to NOT having pain meds.. just my two cents but FELIX is so freaking cute.. he is so adorable... I love him with his dragon...

Vanessa

I did not post this to scare you... So I hope you do not get upset. I'm sure Felix is going to do great and bounce back with no problems! Just remember to get pain meds for him and make certain he is comfortable afterwards. That is my point. If they try to pooh pooh you be firm. I saw how Lady was not comfortable and my husband was upset. The next day she was ok but still.... get meds for him and if you don't need them fine but in case you need pain meds for him you have them ready.

Also, I doubt they will be doing it the same way down there as they do here and I went to a low cost neuter surgery because our vet wanted $450 a rabbit which I thought was way too much money..

I'm sure everything will go ok and he will be hopping around within 24 hours or so no problems..

Keep us posted!

Vanessa

Good vibes for Felix, he is just so cute. Sure everything will be OK and he'll be bouncing off the walls in a couple of days.

Latest posts

Back