The joys of being a bunny parent

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ah yes the torn-up clothes haha, bunnies love to eat and destroy things.
My buns ate my nice headphones and they dig my clothing all the time too 😭

Hmm? Ahhhhhh yes the time my bunny peed on the only white fancy shirt I have 😌
Oh and when I was feeding a diffrent pet greens I left the tupaware on the ground while feeding and my bunny too advatage of the situation and ate all the veggies in the Tupperware 🤨🤦‍♀️🤣

Oreo has chewed a few cords to the tv, two pairs of headphones (both times it was my fault she could get to them), my school laptop charging cord, my school laptop case, my hairbrush, and more. She clearly likes spicy hay. When we first got her and weren't taking good care of her she was in a wire bottom cage and every time I took the tray below the cage out to clean it she peed! (she wasn't litter trained then) I'll try to clean her pen, but she loves to bite my feet hard whenever I do that! I still love her though!

Iris loves my socks. She will always nip and pull them even when there's only a smidge of it avaliable. Storm loves my wired earbuds. He's destroyed at least three pairs.

I don't understand enough of bonded bunnies. Stoem and Iris are super chummy together but once a day or so, a random, small nip will occur for no apparent reason. They spend some time separate and then get chummy again. Is this normal?
@ArtistChibi do Xiao Wu and Tu'er Shen also sometimes do something like that?

I don't understand enough of bonded bunnies. Stoem and Iris are super chummy together but once a day or so, a random, small nip will occur for no apparent reason. They spend some time separate and then get chummy again. Is this normal?
@ArtistChibi do Xiao Wu and Tu'er Shen also sometimes do something like that?
Not really nip. But Xiao Wu does get annoyed with Shen sometimes when he's grooming and his grooming extends to her tail or feet. She hates having her tail and feet touched. Other than that, not really. >.> Though after Shen learned this about Xiao Wu, he has used it to his advantage to get her moved away from the food bowls to get to the oats we give them every now and then. 😂

This morning Oreo decided to chew on my hair. She thinks I need a haircut. I had my hair cut last night. 😂
That's okay. Had my little stinkers wake us up at 5AM to let us know they wanted breakfast right then instead of 7-7:30 AM.

Theo recently destroyed my part of my rug which I wasn't that mad about because I need a new one. Though Friday he destroyed my lunch bag for school because I left it in my room when there was still food in it and he loves food. Ugh, I'm only kinda mad because he's too cute!

Theo recently destroyed my part of my rug which I wasn't that mad about because I need a new one. Though Friday he destroyed my lunch bag for school because I left it in my room when there was still food in it and he loves food. Ugh, I'm only kinda mad because he's too cute!
Same. And they know they can get away with it, too. Just by being adorable.

Last night I came this Dune doing this when he had hay in his cage. The funniest part is this hay bag was on top of his cage which is higher than part of the gate I use to keep him in his pen. Apparently hay bags are better than freedom.

Attachments

• C14954DB-692C-45B4-A13C-20D32BC24AAC.jpeg
    C14954DB-692C-45B4-A13C-20D32BC24AAC.jpeg
    92.2 KB · Views: 6
When Gobi was a spoiled baby without a cage, he’d wake us up at 4:38 on the dot every morning to make us aware that his bowl was empty. He’d jump up on the bed and bonk us in the face until one of us got up to feed him. If we didn’t he’d lick our nostrils so we couldn’t breathe.
A year later when we adopted his mother, I found out she’d do the exact same thing. But her alarm clock was at 6:17am and she was a major licker! She’d lick my pillow until it was so soaked and gross that I couldn’t stand to have my face on it anymore. Like mother like son. A28885E5-BD13-4A28-B298-72347CAB4304.jpeg
of course at the time it was probably the most annoying thing they did? But now I’d do just about anything to be woken up by their fuzzy faces again

When Gobi was a spoiled baby without a cage, he’d wake us up at 4:38 on the dot every morning to make us aware that his bowl was empty. He’d jump up on the bed and bonk us in the face until one of us got up to feed him. If we didn’t he’d lick our nostrils so we couldn’t breathe.
A year later when we adopted his mother, I found out she’d do the exact same thing. But her alarm clock was at 6:17am and she was a major licker! She’d lick my pillow until it was so soaked and gross that I couldn’t stand to have my face on it anymore. Like mother like son. View attachment 57404
of course at the time it was probably the most annoying thing they did? But now I’d do just about anything to be woken up by their fuzzy faces again
That sounds adorable. And at least momma got to live happily, too. You're a great bunny parent.

My bunny peed in my bed when I started free roaming, he eventually stopped, but then he started EATING MY HAIR at night 😅
He also destroys everything within his reach, but his cuddles in the morning makes it all worth it, hes truly adorable and he has enriched my life a lot since I adopted him. ❤️
(His name is Grey btw)
964BA3EF-98EF-4795-B0E0-FC96D4693255.jpeg4CF1D177-2E75-4BFC-A94C-6E45A4A1B075.jpeg

Latest posts

Back