The Happy Bunny Family

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kerensa just got attacked by Rory, here's her Infirmary thread. Don't worry, she's not at any risk of dying or anything (barring bizarre infection or something) but she might need stitches on her poor little baby schnozz :in tears: It happened about half an hour and we got the bleeding to stop and she's loafing in her cage now. I know he's just acting on instinct but I'm not very happy with him right now.

My poor little Kerensa. Her nose is all swollen and funny looking. She looks so pathetically cute and has been wanting lots of pets today. When I put the betadine on her owie she's such a good girl. I put on a drop right from the bottle onto the wound and she just lies on her back in my arms and lets me do it. I'm very glad the betadine doesn't seem to hurt and she isn't acting like she's in pain. I kind of gently touch her nose to get it in the right position and she doesn't protest.

I have forgiven Rory. Of course I blame myself most of all for what happened because it was my mistake in letting Kerensa get near him, but I couldn't help be a little appalled at his behavior. How is it that he loves me so much but hates other bunnies so much?

What happened is that I was putting Kerensa's angel costume on her so the trick or treaters could see her but she didn't want to wear it and hopped on the floor. Usually I put a barrier around Rory's cage when the other bunnies are out but she went over to visit him and he didn't try to bite her (he's better with girl bunnies than boys) and she was mostly staying away anyway so I decided to let it go. I did try to catch her a couple times but she kept running away. She'd go over and visit Rory every once in a while then bounce off, no harm done. Then she went over to see him once more and he lunged at her and I jumped up and ran over to break it up but he'd already chomped her poor little face!

Just wanted to post that Baby Girl's little schnozz is getting better! No more pus and the bite wound is looking healthy and pink now :)

I had to make an online book for a class and worked with a partner to make a book comparing bunnies and cats. Lots of nice forum members shared pictures with me and it was so much fun to do! I thought maybe people would like to see it, here's the link to it: http://www.mixbook.com/photo-books/pets/lovable-pets-6215063

Thank you to Toby, Bonkers, Layla, Wiggles, Buttercup, Jabberwocky, Natasha Rabbitova, Blossom and Hazel!

Does anyone have ornaments for their bun buns? I want to get ornaments for all of mine but I have to admit I'm a tiny but superstitious I guess. I bought Cinnabun an ornament the day after Christmas and he died that May. Then I bought Skyler a photo ornament online and a couple days after I placed the order we found out he had E. Cuniculi and he died that May. I know it's silly to worry about something like that but I do a bit! I bought Tallulah a photo ornament at the same time as Skyler but she'd already passed away. Also all 3 of my bunnies have died in May which I think is weird.

Anyway, we were at Hallmark and I saw this adorable photo ornament. I was about to get it but then realized it says something about cats on the back :( Why are all pet photo ornaments geared specifically for cats or dogs?! When we were checking out though they had these ones at the register for $6 if you bought another ornament. Sorry, I know it's a link to eBay but that's the only place I could find a picture! It's so cute though and we got one. I want to put a picture of Rory in it but Paul is adamantly opposed to it which I think is very funny. He says Rory's a bad bunny because he bit Kerensa (even though it was my fault) and for biting me 3 years ago. Guy definitely holds onto a grudge! He wants to put Kerensa's picture in it instead because he says she's a good bunny (and she's his favorite). After we got home I saw this photo ornament and this one that I don't even remember seeing in the store. They're both so cute!! We may go back tomorrow or next weekend and get the first one for Rory and the second for Kerensa, then put Neddie in the Santa one because he's such a good boy and loves food so all the candy is funny. Maximus and Macie may need to wait until next year to get their ornaments and I'll look for a different one online for Phoebs. I want all my bunnies to have their own photo ornaments!

Ah, is there anything nicer than snuggling with a sweet bunny on the couch on a Sunday morning? NO! There isn't! :)

I made a short video featuring Rory and Ned for a class, here it is if you want to see! Didn't turn out perfect but it was my first time making a video and I'm content with it.

It is awesome! I agree wit everything you said. My SPCA bunny is the best and I love her soooooooooooo much!
What I can't fathom is how someone could be so cruel to a creature that only wants love... and food.
Jj

JJ, my Rory and Ned are fantastic bunnies and I can't understand how someone couldn't want them. Their loss is my gain though! Right now Rory is snuggled up with me and neither of us could be happier (he's all melted just like in the picture of him on my lap in the video). As a side note, it's a good thing bunnies don't understand English or they'd be horrified by all the things I call them. One of Rory's nicknames is Beanie Weenie Tooter Man and I've been calling him that for years now!

Paul calls Kerensa our infinite baby because she's almost a year and a half old and still looks like she did at 10 or 12 weeks (just a little bigger but only 1 1/2 lb). She's the cutest bunny ever born, in our not so humble opinion! As I've said before, it's a good thing no one knows where we lives because she's way cuter in person than in photos and someone would bunnap her.

That being said... I did give out my address to people in the Christmas card swap... Time to put extra locks on the doors and windows! :lookaround

Cait, if you do kidnap Kerensa, just don't try to kiss her belly. She likes to lie on her back in my arms (soooo cute!) and I was overcome by the urge to kiss her soft little belly. I had a feeling it might be a bad idea and I should have gone with that feeling. Now I have scratches on my face- clawed by all 4 paws at once! I only have myself to blame :D Rory is much more accepting of having a face on his belly.

Lol. Pembrooke is NOT a cuddle bun. She accepts petting but to her it's insignificant to her standard to be called "Cutie Wutie Patootie!" and held in arms or on her back. She turns her nose up.

Jj

Paul and I watched a video this afternoon that I took shortly after we brought Phoebe Mae home. It was so sweet seeing her as a little baby. Skyler was in the video too. We miss our boy. He was such a lovey dovey adorable bun. Out of all our bunnies, he was probably the friendliest. I mean, ALL our bunnies love attention and being petted by us, but Skyler was the only one that would happily sit on a stranger's lap for as long as they were willing to pet him. He was so trusting and darling. We want another Dutch someday but doubt we'll ever see another Dutch with a beauty mark like his. He was so special!

I feel kind of pathetic for still being so affected by our bunnies' deaths, particularly Tallulah's. So many people out there have serious crises in their lives or have lost children or spouses, and there I was, utterly devastated by a bunny's death- and at that, a bunny that I only knew 5 months. The devastation has faded somewhat by now but I'm still deeply, deeply affected by it. As cliche as this sounds, it's like she took a little of my heart when she went. She was my little baby.

The notion that one day all of my bunnies will die is horrifying. I don't want to think about them being dead and of holding their bodies in my arms!

Latest posts

Back