The Fred Thread

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CorkysMom

Reaction score
I decided since I'm gonna show Lexi that Ididn't wanna walk in with just one bunny...so I got a nice buck to showas well.....(or will have, I put 1/2 down on him today and will pick upin a week or 2..dumb finances bein off work! :X ) He is a lil over ayear and a half and has 2 legs already behind him...he's a blue tortand an absolute lover to go with them looks!

He gets this grumpy old man look that just cracks me up...I got kissesand lots of lovin today..and like Corky he LOVES the belly rubs!

The breeder I'm getting him from is getting out of it, just doesn'thave time anymore and she had the most points in our state! Very nicelady, said she'd do whatever she could to help me with this and if Ihave questions, call anytime...day or nite!

Anyway, enough babbling...bring on the pics!

fred2.jpg

fred3.jpg

fred4.jpg

fred5.jpg

fred1.jpg

Ok, I am officially taking a trip toIowa! That is the most gorgeous coloring I think I have everseen! I'll be packing my bunny-napping kit...letsee...hmmm...I'll need carriers, food, water, toys...and of course somestealth gear to stay under PGG's radar...

Jen

cirrustwi wrote:
That is the most gorgeous coloring I think I haveever seen!
Aha...that means I better hide my blue torts too....or send them on to Iowa to be bunnynapped.

He is not only gorgeous - but he looks like he has an awesome personality....

Peg

Uh-oh. Somebunny's gonna be jealous! Don't you dare let him take Corky's girl from him!

He is beautiful. I love the coloring, too.

Laura

Yes he does have a great personality, he's pretty laid back.

Of course Corky still gets his g/f, he'll even ride along to shows withher as well! I'd never take his g/f away.....that'd be so mean andunfair!!!!

Oh PGG I feel like I could just put my hand right through my screen andpet his little head, he is fantastic! Love the colour of him, what abeauty!!

Hey Jen, you could probably try wrapping yourself up in aluminium foilto get under PGGs' radar, hopefully she is a heavy sleeper and won'thera you coming LOL:p:p

PuterGeekGirl wrote:
He is a lil over a year and a half and has 2 legs already behind him...

Ok Pardon my ignorance but what do you mean by he has 2 legs behind him???
and please don't laugh.

I'm sittin' here thinking well ahhh yeah of course he has 2 legs behindjust like he has 2 legs in front. Then I realised ok she isn't talkingabout that , so what is it that it means???

ariel wrote:
PuterGeekGirl wrote:
He is alil over a year and a half and has 2 legs already behind him...

and please don't laugh.

I'm sittin' here thinking well ahhh yeah of course he has 2 legs behindjust like he has 2 legs in front. Then I realised ok she isn't talkingabout that , so what is it that it means???

It made me chuckle, just cuz the first time I heard that I was also like WHAT?

It is a show term, my understanding is that means he has won 2 best ofbreeds in showing. If I'm incorrect, hopefully someone thatknows more will correct me...as I'm just getting into the world ofshowing myself. I've heard 2 different things, one was that when hegets 3 he'll be a grand champion, in another place I heard it takes4...but either way, he's on his way!

ariel wrote:
and please don't laugh.

:laugh:I'm sorry but I just saw myself in that comment! Notnow but before I understood it had to do with showing, that soundsexactly like something I'd say.

This is what I found since I don't know what it is exactly...

Leg - a leg isearned by winning in an ARBA-sanctioned show as long as there are threeexhibitors and five rabbits competing for the win. Forexample, first place in a class of five or more bunnies showed by threeor more different exhibitors would earn a leg. For classeswithout enough exhibitors and/or bunnies, it may be possible to earn aleg by winning BOSV (if there are sufficient numbers of the related sexin the variety), BOV (if there are sufficient numbers in the entirevariety), BOS (if there are sufficient number in the related sex of thebreed) or BOB (if there are sufficient numbers in the entirebreed). A rabbit may only earn one leg per judging

([url]http://www.thenaturetrail.com/Rabbit-Terms-Glossary.htm[/url])

P.S.- I'm not laughin at you, it's a very good question andI'm sure lots of people don't know it. It took me a long time to findout what it was.

PGG Thanks for clearing that up, I am glad I'm notthe only one who thought it was strange to hear for the first time. Andof course Fred is well on his way just look at that cute bugger! howcould he not be!! :hearts:

MBB I said NO laughing and look at you ----->:laugh:Ahhhhh see I knew there was a reason I liked you,,,, ya just like meLOL:foreheadsmack:

No need to apologise MBB I can handle being ridiculed and laughed at.:p:p

Seriously no harm done, I laughed when I seen that goofy thing laughingin your post. It just sounded like a dumb question but I had to askwhat it meant LOL

Could you imagine one of us at a show with ourrabbits and someone asks how many legs our rabbit has and we answerwith 4?:laugh:

PuterGeekGirl wrote:
Of course Corky still gets his g/f, he'll even ride along toshows with her as well! I'd never take his g/f away.....that'd be somean and unfair!!!!
I know you wouldn't do that to him. I have such a soft spotfor Corky, especially after seeing how blissful he looks withLexi. I hope she doesn't break his little heart! Helooks completely in love with her.

Laura

:laugh: And we would be kicked out when they found out we had none LOL.
Well we could of pleaded ignorance LOL

Who knows we could of been :blueribbon:

I guess I should mention that Fed is GORGEOUS! I'm not one for torts but he's a cutie!

*Adds to bunny napping list* :angel:

Laura wrote:
PuterGeekGirl wrote:
Ofcourse Corky still gets his g/f, he'll even ride along to shows withher as well! I'd never take his g/f away.....that'd be so mean andunfair!!!!
I know you wouldn't do that to him. I have such a soft spotfor Corky, especially after seeing how blissful he looks withLexi. I hope she doesn't break his little heart! Helooks completely in love with her.

Laura
Oh I don't think she will...it seems to go both ways...if hemoves she seeks him out and she grooms him as well. Toniteshe moved in with him, so they are officially 'living in sin' now... ;)

Laura wrote:
PuterGeekGirl wrote:
Toniteshe moved in with him, so they are officially 'living in sin' now...;)
Hee hee! How cute!

Corky and Lexi, sittin' in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G!

:foreheadsmack:You two are worse than MBB and I over the show thing,least we not making fun of the bunnies just ourselves:p:p:p:p

I do agree it sounded cute though LOL

Ariel, did you see the "Lovebirds" thread with Corky and Lexi? It's just too cute to handle.

PGG, I'm sorry I keep talking about Corky in your "Fred Thread", but I just love that boy!

Laura

Latest posts

Back