The Formerly Bald Bunny known as Rex

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m.e.

Reaction score
[align=center](previous posts: Bald Shoulders? / Balding Again / Rex Update / Vet Visit)
[/align]
This was Rex before he started balding in January, this was his fur loss at its worst, and this was generally what he looked like for several months afterward. You'll need to see those photos to fully appreciate that this is what Rex looks like now:

[align=center]
2679044059_886782e3ac.jpg

[/align]
[align=center]:party0002:
[/align]
Rex has been slowly but steadily improving over this past month. I credit the nutritional changes that were suggested here, namely by Pam Nock, who recommended a regular dose of Nutri-Cal. I also began feeding him a high-quality show feed alongside his regular pellets at a 50/50 ratio.

Without the Nutri-Cal and show feed, Rex loses weight and begins to lose coat condition, eventually leading to baldness. But even on such a high-calorie, high-fat regimin, Rex is *maintaining* a healthy weight and of course he has a much fuller, healthier coat.

We still don't know what, if any, underlying conditions are leading to his requiring such a change in nutrition. My gut is telling me that it's probably just old age taking its toll. At any rate, I wanted to update here (though I haven't been around much) and to thank everyone for their helpful advice :) RO rocks!

Im so happy to hear Rex is doing better! He is such a beautiful boy- I always loved that one picture you had of just his face in your avatar when I first joined. Hes just stunning.

I'll say a prayer for his continued improvement. :)

Latest posts

Back