The first piece of music you ever owned

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Your first music was purchased on:

• 8 track tapes

• Vinyl records

• Cassette tapes

• CD's

• Digital downloads

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ape337

April
Reaction score
Another thread inspired me to ask this: what was the first piece of music you owned, and what format was it on?:?

I'll go first:

The Police - Synchronicity, and it was on VINYL, yep I grew up buying records at first, then cassette tapes. I still call a band's latest music an album! And I've used 8 track tapes that mom owned, XD!!

So, what about you??:biggrin2:

An Elvis tape. When I was little my older brother used to dress me up (usually in an ugly shirt and a pullup on my head :rollseyes) and there are home videos of me staring off into space looking like a freak while slightly nodding my head to the music.

Tchaikovsky's First Piano Concerto. It was a 33 RPM vinyl disc. I got it when I was about 10 and was delivering newspapers. One of my customers had a corner store and I saw it on the rack in the store.

I started out with tapes- I can't remember who sings it but the song I liked so much was "proud to be an american". Back then I listened to country music. I also played my mom's recods and 8 tracks. I loved Tom T Haul, sneaky snake was my favorite!

I can't remember what the first piece of music I ever owned was, but I remember me and my sister would record music off the radio on to tapes all the time :)

I don't remember my first piece of music either.

My parents had a record player and I loved looking at their album covers and playing records.

I first had tapes and yes grace I recorded songs off the radio too! My first "big girl" stereo, if you could even call it a stereo, was pastel pink to match my room and had a tape player AND a record player on top ;) I got it for Christmas and thought I was the luckiest girl alive.

My first music purchase was Duran Duran's debut album. I bought it on vinyl, in 1982, for maybe $6.99, but might have actually been $8. Still one of my favorite things to listen to. It was a very worthwhile purchase!

I have that on CD. I love to find CDs of music now that I had on tape back in the 80s. It's usually in the discount bin too. I found Meat Loaf, Five for Fighting, and Whitesnake in the Best Buy bin last week for $2 each! I had the tapes but they wore out.

MiniLopHop wrote:
I have that on CD

If you can find that original Duran Duran album on vinyl, I highly recommend it.

I'm not a vinyl snob, but there is something different in a good way, particularly with that record.

This is hilarious! Thanks everyone for your replies :biggrin:

I love D2. They were my favorite group growing up in the 80's. I've got a bunch of their music on vinyl. Along with extended remixes of some of the hits. When I was 13 my walls were plastered with their faces!

I was so excited to get my own record player in 1970-ish....my parents surprised me with it - and the record they had playing on it to surprise me with was by the country musician Lynn Anderson.

Wow - that's been a lotta years ago....

MiniLopHop wrote:
I started out with tapes- I can't remember who sings it but the song I liked so much was "proud to be an american". Back then I listened to country music. I also played my mom's recods and 8 tracks. I loved Tom T Haul, sneaky snake was my favorite!

Sounds like Lee Greenwood

Tapes! I didnt really get to enjoy them for too long, then came CD's.

The first CD I ever owned was a Toni Braxton CD, Unbreak my heart.

I remember it was an 8track tape- don't remember what it was exactly though. I got rid of all my 8 tracks about 5years ago when my player finally died and I couldn't repair it any more. Most of my stuff was on vinyl and cassette. I bought a Kenny Rogers and a Styx record (still have them). Towards the end of highschool CD's started to become popular but most people still had their cassette tapes. Now I have a lot of music on my computer. The times are changing fast.

Latest posts

Back