The b'ys are here!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Korr_and_Sophie

Reaction score
I have been eyeing Tans for about 7-8 months now and I have FINALLY got some. I was pretty close to getting on in March, but it just didn't work out. About 6 weeks ago, I found that there were some people from the Calgary area going to the Washington State Convention and I knew that a tan breeder was also going, so I though it would be prefect. I contacted the breeder and she offered me 2 black bucks that she thought would be good for Rabbit Hopping. While I did originally only want one, it was mighty hard to pass up on this, so I didn't. A long period of wating later, I now have my 2 tan boys home.
The names I have picked out are Tesla and Kraken. I don't yet know who is who (I do have an idea though). The names from the breeders are Hitman and Sully, so I will use those for now.

Hitman

June2720117.jpg

June27201138.jpg

June27201137.jpg

June27201126-1.jpg

Sully

June2720116.jpg

June27201147.jpg

June27201135.jpg

June27201130.jpg

Oh My Goodness Kate, they are 2 very Handsome Bunnies. Beautiful colouring too.

Looking forward to lots of pictures.

Susan:)

Aw congrats on your tans! I hope you enjoy them. I just had my two little 5wk babies out and they were hopping over my legs like hurdles lol! Talk about hyper :)

I hope you enjoy great times and watch plenty of tan flops and binkys LOL

They are already settling in well. With them being intact males, they are very lovey with me. This should be fun. Just glad my sanity ran off a long time ago, otherwise it would be heading out the door again.

Kate are your Bunnies Indoor or Outdoor bunnies?

Do all of your Bunnies "Rabbit Hop"? Are their certain breeds that easier to train? I can't imagine teaching my Winston Rabbit Hopping. lol

SOOOSKA wrote:
Kate are your Bunnies Indoor or Outdoor bunnies?

Do all of your Bunnies "Rabbit Hop"? Are their certain breeds that easier to train? I can't imagine teaching my Winston Rabbit Hopping. lol

They are all inside.
All of them do Rabbit Hopping. I haven't tried with the tans yet, but they will be starting fairly soon once I get their harnesses.
I am not really sure if some breeds are easier to train than others. Personality seems to play a big part, but it can come down to the individual. Most seem to pick it up within a couple hours. The smaller breeds (under about 5-6 pounds) seem to do better than larger ones though.
There have only been a couple rabbits that flat out refuse to do it, most will do it and some do better than others. There is really no telling who will do what once they get on the course and are given a chance to learn it.

I really love tans, they're gorgeous.

I looked around to see if there were any breeders in Ontario, but didn't have any luck.

Very cute, keep us updated!

What absolutely beautiful buns. I love tans, they're so beautiful. Good luck with the hopping, I would like to try that with the next rabbit I someday own :)

I love the ears! And the expression makes me think "what are you looking at?"

I don't think Becky would be good at hopping. I would have to goose her at every jump LOL She would rather have snuggles. I do agility with my cats and eventually would like to train Cindi and Houdini, but they need more socialization first.

Pet_Bunny wrote:
When do I get to see them? :dude:
When are you coming to visit? I am not taking them up this weekend as I feel it would be too much stress for them (plus I don't have harnesses yet), but maybe next time I am up in Edmonton for Hopping. That is unless you are coming down for some reason :whistling

I will see you Friday, when I get off work to attend the Canada Day activities.
The next rabbit show is the July 23/24 show in Red Deer Alberta.

I can't believe how fast they are settling in. I have already tried them with hopping a bit and they are doing well other than a lack of focus (they are focused on me, not on the jump :p ). Both are sooo friendly and just want attention all the time. It's only been a little more than 2 days and they just fit in so well that is seems like much longer.
I have figured out who is who. Hitman is now Tesla while Sully is Kraken.

Tesla

267650_228186343870914_198596420163240_749388_430658_n.jpg

267380_228186517204230_198596420163240_749392_493334_n.jpg

Kraken

267255_228187933870755_198596420163240_749415_5770023_n.jpg

267395_228187683870780_198596420163240_749410_5787962_n.jpg

LuvaBun wrote:
They look awesome, and it seems like they are settling really well.

I hope to see you tomorrow, too :)

Jan
Would be great to meet you. Do you know where we will be?

I am now debating taking one of them up tomorrow. Probably not both due to space, but I still have a few hours to decide.

Latest posts

Back