the bunny flip out

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blubun0

Reaction score
I just got my bunny two days ago, and finally got her to eat today. Anyway, this is bizarre behavior for someone who's never owned a rabbit. I know rabbits do the flop, butBeretta does the flop and freaks out! She'll lay down for about a minute, then start kicking and wriggling around, then just lay still again. At first I was terrified she was having a seizure. But then I picked her up and she farted, so I'm not sure if she's just a wierd flopperor she had gas. It's wierd either way :)

Did you try reading on this site about gas? It sounds like that may be a possibility.

Check out this site...

http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=11931&forum_id=10

There are a lot of links in it that will hopefully answer your question about bunny gas.

Aside from reading, my advice would be to at least call a vet to askthem. From what I read, gas could turn serious.Good that she's eating, but always better to be safe, and just ask, yaknow?

Let us know how she's doing, ok? :)

Hmmm... the kicking that you describe is a bitabnormal. It couldn't hurt to have her seen by a vet. Whatever it is, avet visit could likely prevent it from escalating into a serioussituation. Please keep us updated on how she is doing.

blubun0 wrote:
Ijust got my bunny two days ago, and finally got her to eat today.Anyway, this is bizarre behavior for someone who's never owned arabbit. I know rabbits do the flop, butBeretta does the flopand freaks out! She'll lay down for about a minute, then start kickingand wriggling around, then just lay still again. At first I wasterrified she was having a seizure. But then I picked her up and shefarted, so I'm not sure if she's just a wierd flopperor shehad gas. It's wierd either way :)
Well when Jordi flops she sometimes does that. She flops on her backand then wriggles to get righted again. She sometimes ends up doing aroly poly. Hopefully she's just being the silly bun she is! What areyou feeding her?

Latest posts

Back