The boarding business

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rabbit_whisperer

Reaction score
I'm thinking about doing a rabbit boarding business,but before I do I wanted someone's input on it.

the name 'guardain angel rabbit boarding' Our slogan 'We watch overyour rabbits' Yeah it's kinda corny but I dont have to many ideas...

Input please,thanx Jd.

I live in MN so I'm not to sure about 'any' people who have rabbit. O.O

I haven't got a boarding business however I didpetsit our friend's rabbits (Smokey and Smudger) in the summerholidays. You have to remember to think about what food they eat(pellets, greens, how much of each, type of hay), what toys they like,are they spayed/neutered and vaccinated (for UK members), how muchexercise they generally get per day, do they have any medical problems,their vets number plus a number that the owners can be contacted onwhile on holiday (also ask their permission that if you can't get intouch with them that you will use your discretion to whether the rabbitneeds to see the vet and if s/he needs any medication etc.) Alsoremember to quarantine them from other rabbits and wash your hands inbetween handling them.

ive looked after my friends rabbit and guineapigs before but it is prettyeasy. get the owner torightdown everything you will need to know. work out weatheryou are goign to have the animals at your hsoue or elave them at theirown home and go and feed themetc there. if yourgoing to have them over at your hosue you will need to work out whereto keep them in or out, hutch or cage, where to put the housing andruns.

Did you know that there are professional,certified pet sitters? I'd look into that if I wereyou. You'd also want to look into possibly getting insuranceand also having a professional contract drawn up to cover you in casesomething happens to a rabbit in your care.

http://www.petsitters.org/

"Unprofessionally" you could offer some boarding/petsitting in the sameway that other kids baby sit. But if you want to make anactual business of it it's best to go through legal routes and haveeverything covered.

yes I'm going to go through all the legalstuff,yes know of all the food,toys,housing and such too. Were making awebsite soon also so that will tell about what we do and all of thatalso.

Some of the things that would include are:Grooming,giving meds if needed,and other things.

Latest posts

Back