The ban game

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ban you for having heaps and bounds of natural fertilizer! How many buns are in your care at the moment?

I ban you for talking about natural fertilizer.

I ban you for being so many things at once- staff, member, admin, mod!

Back in the middle ages and thru our Westward expansion, almost all cooking was over open flames by use of pots or kettles when water was used. So the saying was about trying to show differences when none were distinguishable, i.e. "It's like the pot calling the kettle BLACK", when both are covered in soot, or you banning me for being on the banning site too much when we are here an equal amount--in other words, your statement has no real validity. Therefore I ban you for banning me because you don't get the "concept"!

I was trying to be a bit sarcastic as a joke but i guess it didn't come across as well as i thought it would. Thanks for the explanation though!
I shall not ban you for anything, just because i can.

Nope--got the joke and my favorite, sarcasm! Just thought I'd give and explanation of the "saying" and it's historic roots. One of my several degrees is history, so I have a lot of almost useless knowledge on obscure facts and sayings--always liked "roots" in all of our languages and a little history always helps with understanding how our world is today. And I ban you for not banning me, "just because I can!"

I ban you for knowing awesome stuff!
Would you happen to know why there are differences in british and american english in words like colour/favourite/flavour where britts just luve their u's and americans liked to drop it?

Same reason Latin is used for Scientific and biblical--a "dead" language no longer spoken by a regional population--no slang or changes/inclusions over time. English is spken by americans, Australians, and New Zealanders but there are major differences/inclusions in each region, not to mention Ireland, Wales, and Scotland. Pants in the US are trousers in the UK, so if you tell a Brit women you like her pants, you'll probably getsmacked for talking about underwear. Pissed is drunk in the UK and upset here. Things morph/change, change being the only constant in our universe. I ban you for being so inquisitive, that's my "sthick". (thing)

I ban you for your profile picture! It's of Bullet, right?

Latest posts

Back