The Baby Bunny Journal... 1st Edition

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SunnieBunnie Rabbitry

Reaction score
The Lynx Mini Rex Growth Journal

I'm takingthese pictures of this little guy for hisfuture owner... I promised him daily pics so he can literally "watchhis baby grow". Even though he's not with his baby on a dailybasis, he doesn't have to miss out on anything in it's early life:).

I know how much all of you enjoy seeing baby pictures, so Ifigured I'd make a Journal out of it for all to enjoy ;).(The aluminum can of food in the pictures are for sizecomparison.)

This picture takenwith littermates at 4 days of age.
Resized_Picture%20061.jpg

------------------
On theleft -the regular can of food :p
Middle - 4 day old Chocolate Agouti Mini Rex (same age as above picture).
On the Right -the 11 day old Lynx. (His eyes opened this morning!)

This picture taken to compare how much he has grown... that 11day old Lynx makes the 4 day old Chocolate Agouti look like a Peanut!:shock: Really puts it into perspective how fast they grow!
Resized_Picture%20062.jpg

SBR's *Not Yet Named* ---
Resized_Picture%20063.jpg

Resized_Picture%20064.jpg

Resized_Picture%20065.jpg

Resized_Picture%20066.jpg

Resized_Picture%20069.jpg

THE BUNNY BUM!!!
Resized_Picture%20067.jpg

"How DARE you!!!...Indecent Exposure!"
Resized_Picture%20068.jpg

Adorable photos! You should also recordgrowth weights, as youth and new breeders often require about growthweights for certain breeds. A small inexpensive dieteticscale works well. It would make a very informative link for yourwebsite.

Pam

Wonderful post, Sunshine!!

Thank you somuch!

I hope all is well with the neighbors, and you've been able to find a common ground.

-Carolyn

Such cute little babies! :D Iwant to kiss their little noses! I am trying to do the samewith my kits, but taking pictures of them now is proving to bedifficult with all their running around... lots of batteriestoo! LOL

I want the chocolate agouti! :D

Ang xx

Thanks everyone! :)

Pam - I like the idea of charting their weights, but the onlyproblem I see with that is (at least with my lines) My main Lynx herdbuck throws typical, normal sized kits... My REW herd buck (geneticallyChoc. Agouti or Lynx) has been giving me slightly smaller kits... andmy Chocolate herd buck (5 pounds!) throws kits that don't make Minimumshow weight until the kits are 3 1/2 to 4 months old! Thosekits are well muscled, well filled in, but just aren't "big enough" tomake weight. The Chocolate Agouti kit picturedis out of that Chocolate buck... and the Lynx kit is out of my REWbuck.

Carolyn - Thank you, yes... it seems we have been able to workthings out and everything is going great! I'm not sure of thecircumstances and if the "actual story" is really true, but it was toldto me by their younger daughter that their dog got out and ran awayabout 3 weeks ago while she was at school :?. Shesays that her parents want to get her a small dog as a replacement(like a poodle or chihuahua). It's a little tough not beingable to directly speak with her parents (as I don't speak Spanish andthey don't speak English), but their daughter has been a sweetheartbeing the translation go between. (Sigh, I really need to putmore pressure on my husband to go over there and formallyintroducehimself --- at least HE is bilingual.

It's raining here today and the rabbits are buttoned down, so Iwon't be able to update with today's pictures... Rain is supposed to beclearing by tomorrow morning, so I'll getnew onesuptomorrow!

Latest posts

Back